Author Topic: How to play SWBF2 with Gamespy down  (Read 26772 times)

HelpMeh

• Recruit
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: How to play SWBF2 with Gamespy down
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2016, 01:25:57 PM »
Having problems with the patch (maybe it's just my game files or something, but I don't think so).
On a Mac (OSX Yosemite 10.10.5) and even with the patch installed, whenever I click the multiplayer tab, the game freezes.
After 5-10 minutes when it un-freezes, there is no game list and no nothing to select or join. This happens every single time I click join under the multiplayer tab.
Because of this I cannot even play LAN with friends. Is there a fix for this? (P.S. I wiped my disk and reinstalled my OS but same problem).

Led

• Administrator
  • The Chosen One
  • The 82nd Element
  • Awards Special Award for players of the EA's SWBF (2015) Special Award for those that play the original SWBF
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
  • Tunngle ID: _PLA-Led
  • Origin ID: plaled
« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2016, 01:29:57 PM »
Are you using the Mac Aspyr version of SWBF?  If so, the patch is only for the PC version.
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

=[SOS]= TaLK (FieroBull)

• Frequent Poster
  • IN THE ARTIC! BY THE FOXX!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2016, 05:13:13 AM »
If I have the SWBF 2 via steam, what can I do?
Hi im a semi-professional gif maker.
If anyone is interested on gifs, send me a pm or
xfire message!

Led

• Administrator
  • The Chosen One
  • The 82nd Element
  • Awards Special Award for players of the EA's SWBF (2015) Special Award for those that play the original SWBF
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
  • Tunngle ID: _PLA-Led
  • Origin ID: plaled
« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2016, 11:37:53 AM »
Use the SWBF2 autoinstaller and make sure to chose your install location based on where Steam says it is located.
(in your game library, right click and view game properties, install location).
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Samistheone

• Awards Participated in the ICW6 Special Award for those that play the original SWBF Special Award for those that play SWBF2 ICW2 Participant ICW4 Participant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2017, 08:02:38 PM »
Okay so I have swbf 2 installed on my Desktop and I want to play swbf 2 online is game master and stuff still the way to go or has it all switched to swbfspy as well and if possible i'd like to be able to host a sever without having to edit hosts files as well, on top of that I don't know how to even be on my own server like as in battling while I am hosting I've tried before but It just gave me a screen where I don't remember all it was but I think there was an end server and boot options for booting people but I didn't see anyway I could play it..... I don't know a lot of this stuff is hard for me to learn cause of my learning disabilities but if its broken down and slowed up for me a bit I can learn it easier I don't know, theres a lot of things I want to do but its a drag to do it but I want to but its a drag cause its hard for me to learn and take me a long time to figure things out lol.

Great now i'm gonna lose you in my rambled on post I think a lot and too much out loud that it just transfers and leads to something else, and then when I want stuff to come out I miss words I say in my head so its confusing to people lol

Also is there mod tools like there is for swbf if so i'd like to know how to do that and what not cause i'd like to make some maps and what not. (Which is also sorta a drag for me but I want to do it really bad (Yes I know that's such a drag))

Anyways can anyone help me with this please? Thanks!

Anyder

• Learning Manager
  • Lavish Poster
  • Awards DET1-admin To recognize Modders that make a most excellent contribution within the Month SWBF LeaderBoards 2-first ICW4 Winner A member of the winning team of ICW6 Recognizes someone who most generously donated funds to the site or the site Special Award for players of the EA's SWBF (2015)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
  • Origin ID: AnyderMotionless
« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2017, 06:13:10 AM »
is game master and stuff still the way to go
Gamemaster shut down the masterserver, that's why we are hosting it now.

i'd like to be able to host a sever without having to edit hosts files as well, on top of that I don't know how to even be on my own server like as in battling while I am hosting I've tried before but It just gave me a screen where I don't remember all it was but I think there was an end server and boot options for booting people but I didn't see anyway I could play it.....
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1390
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1258
For that u have to:
1) Host it on a paid VPS/Rootserver
2) Host under another account of ur PC

I don't know a lot of this stuff is hard for me to learn cause of my learning disabilities but if its broken down and slowed up for me a bit I can learn it easier I don't know, theres a lot of things I want to do but its a drag to do it but I want to but its a drag cause its hard for me to learn and take me a long time to figure things out lol.

Great now i'm gonna lose you in my rambled on post I think a lot and too much out loud that it just transfers and leads to something else, and then when I want stuff to come out I miss words I say in my head so its confusing to people lol
You think ? xd

Also is there mod tools like there is for swbf if so i'd like to know how to do that and what not cause i'd like to make some maps and what not. (Which is also sorta a drag for me but I want to do it really bad (Yes I know that's such a drag))

Anyways can anyone help me with this please? Thanks!
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=436
| SWBFSpy Manager | Learning Manager | SWBFGamers Community Ambassador | communityambassador@swbfgamers.com

| WhatsApp: +34 602 67 61 20

SWBFSpy Info Website: http://info.swbfspy.com