Very well done SWBFI maps for SWBFII

Started by Kit Fisto, June 19, 2013, 11:53:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey guys, I'm making this topic so that I can tell you about the best SWBFI converted maps for SWBFII I've ever played.

It is Marvel4's conversion pack. It includes ALL SWBFI maps (excluding Jabba, Hoth, and Endor) converted perfectly for SWBFII. The maps use stock sides so that you can run them with side mods or what ever you like. They all look very much like the SWBFI map in terms of lighting, textures etc.

I recommend getting this map pack if you play SWBFII and you don't like the conversion pack (like me, that mod is overrated).

Here is the download link: https://www.wuala.com/Marvel4/swbf2/marvel4s_bf1_conversion_pack_1.1.exe

Here is the release topic on Gametoast: http://gametoast.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=23377

Enjoy! Oh and you get to play as Pandemic's Kit Fisto ( :cheer: ) and Asajj Ventress!! They have their powers and moves straight from the Xbox DLC!
So really, try it out if you want to play SWBFI maps (the best maps ever) in another game, and what better game than SWBFII!

every single one? seems like a bit too much work, considering that a lot of the maps were only changed a little bit

It may seems rather silly to some people, but if you know your Swbf feel, you can tell that some converts are far better than others...

i agree with Kit, I liked these much better.

June 19, 2013, 10:27:51 PM #3 Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 10:42:01 PM by Kit Fisto
Quote from: Ltin on June 19, 2013, 04:06:00 PM
every single one? seems like a bit too much work, considering that a lot of the maps were only changed a little bit
Day vs Night Naboo Theed? I would choose day because you see daytime Naboo a lot more in the films than night time Naboo. And it looks better.

EDIT: I went to my friends house today and showed them this, they like the SWBF games but don't know anything about mods. I had a hell of a time trying to even extract the thing! It wouldn't work on windows 7 or 8 (they had 2 computers). So what I finally did was go onto their iMac, download wine and extract the file using wine. It worked perfectly and the first time.

Ironic that I was unable to open a file made for windows on 2 different windows OS's. But when I go onto a Mac and use a free windows emulator it works the first time.

June 20, 2013, 09:17:37 AM #4 Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 10:58:00 AM by Ltin
Quote from: Kit Fisto on June 19, 2013, 10:27:51 PM
Day vs Night Naboo Theed? I would choose day because you see daytime Naboo a lot more in the films than night time Naboo. And it looks better.
mos eisley was barely changed, yavin 4 was barely changed, instant action hoth and endor wern't changed (which would explain why they aren't in the mod).

Quote from: Ltin on June 20, 2013, 09:17:37 AM
mos eisley was barely changed, yavin 4 was barely changed, instant action hoth and endor wern't changed (which would explain why they aren't in the mod).
Mos has better terrain (in SWBFI) but the map layout is the same. Yavin IV they moved a CP, lighting is different and they added lots of vehicles that makes the map kinda bad.

In Hoth they gave the IMPS the bunker CP which doesn't make sense because in the movie they don't start with control of the Rebel's position. And they took out a tunnel that led to the Shield Generator.

In Endor they made the shield bunker a CP instead of a destructible. Another thing that ruins the map in the second game for me.

All the changes to the SWBFI maps in the second game are kinda bad, in my opinion.

Quote from: Kit Fisto on June 20, 2013, 10:29:12 AM
All the changes to the SWBFI maps in the second game are kinda bad, in my opinion.
i disagree with your opinion (except for the hoth tunnel, i forgot about that.)

Why do you like the changes in the second game?

Quote from: Kit Fisto on June 20, 2013, 11:46:45 AM
Why do you like the changes in the second game?
i just do. why are you questioning my opinion?

Oh boy. I'm not trying to be confrontational, I would honestly like to know why certain people like different versions of the same map. That's all, I wasn't trying to get you mad. Besides if you don't have a way to back up your opinion then how valid is it really? ;)

Quote from: Kit Fisto on June 20, 2013, 01:14:07 PM
Besides if you don't have a way to back up your opinion then how valid is it really? ;)
You dont sound like you aren't trying to be confrontational. -_-

Quit going around in circles, it's adding nothing to the topic.
Which has thus caused me to derail it some more. Can you not see the pandemonium that you have caused?

Get back on topic, ya hear?

Quote from: UNIT 33 on June 20, 2013, 02:31:33 PM
Which has thus caused me to derail it some more. Can you not see the pandemonium that you have caused?

Pandemonium sub-routines deactivied.
I think overall its a good idea, though I cant test it cause my swbfII is for xbox. very good find.

Quote from: UNIT 33 on June 20, 2013, 02:31:33 PM

One more thing. :P

Quote from: Kit Fisto on June 20, 2013, 01:14:07 PM
Besides if you don't have a way to back up your opinion then how valid is it really? ;)
Quote from: Ltin on June 20, 2013, 02:12:45 PM
You dont sound like you aren't trying to be confrontational. -_-
Note the winking face.
8)

Sometimes those small changes make a map so much better.  In BF2, I don't think the changes they made were beneficial to the quality of the maps themselves.  If they would have opened up the back Hangar for Instant Action on Hoth (just using a stock example, I know in Campaign and modded you can), it would have added a whole new dimension to the battle, thus making me feel a little less bad about the blocked tunnel.
On Yavin, I think the CP location change was an improvement, a little closer to action and more contested.  On the other hand, like Kit said, lighting was crap.
I could go on.  I'd love to see some improvements to basic stock on both games, but they are what they are.  Time constraints kill.

Of course, this is all opinion.  We all know about opinions.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.