What is your favorite SWBFII map?

Started by Kit Fisto, March 21, 2013, 04:15:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your favorite SWBFII land map? (read post before voting)

Coruscant: Jedi Temple
Dagobah: Swamps
Death Star: Interior
Felucia: Fungus (Fungal?) Forest
Geonosis: Dust Plains
Kamino: Cloning Facility
Kashyyyk: Beachhead
Mustafar: Refinery
Mygeeto: War Torn City
Polis Massa: Medical Facility
Tantive IV: Interior
Utapau: Sinkhole
What is your favorite SWBFII map? It can be your favorite for any reason! Map design, gameplay etc. This can either apply to SWBFI gameplay or SWBFII gameplay. So out of those maps, what is your favorite in terms of gameplay and/or map design. :happy:

This poll is to show what SWBFII maps they like the most and maybe, encourage modders to port a map that people like, but currently has a bad port.

I allow 5 votes and you can change your vote at any time.

Here is a topic with links each map for SWBFII have listed above. http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=4591.msg44602#msg44602

Please make sure you know the map your'e voting for so as not to skew the votes.

If you want you can post why you chose the maps you did!  :)

For me my fav. map list (SWBF1 and 2):
1) Jabba's Palaca ({U.E.F}Homemap)
2) Mos Eisley
3) Mustafar

Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

March 21, 2013, 05:07:11 PM #2 Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 04:47:46 AM by Phobos
1 Dagobah
2 Polis Massa
3 Jedi Temple
4 Tantive IV
5 Beachhead

This is tough.  Mygeeto was pretty good overall I think, and Coruscant was too.  I personally liked Kashyyyk's look in BF2, but the lack of CPs and the clear disadvantages to the Rebels/Clones still annoys me.  Got on my list because the Rise of the Empire on Kashyyyk was great and offset that disadvantage with a "Landing type" CP.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Well,
I really really like the Death star's interior, mostly the hanger part though, I just love staring out imagining in really in deep space looking at stars on a ship (Its quite fun to blast lunchboxes on clones at the siding doors too).

Mygeeto: War-torn City really has the 'War Torn City' effect, I especially love overcast weather (which Mygeeto has), very beautiful map on both SWBF1 and 2.

Utapau, this map is just amazing to think about, even from inside a hole! I love the buildings, I like the gameplay with CTF on BF2, and its just fun to hang with no ais on a server on SWBF1.

Polis Masa, again, overcast skys are my favorite, and getting killed because of lack of oxygen is a neat part of the map. I really like the way the gameplay was set up with Ares and Phobos campaign on the map as well!

I do not have a 5th, I reserve that for my favorite mod map; Coruscant: Streets.

Nice reasons everybody!

Here are my top 5:

1) Geonosis: Dust Plains, I remember when I used to play SWBFII PS2 at my friends house way back in '05 and I would ask to just play Geonosis over and over again. I loved the heroes and the Phase I clone armor. But now that I have played it in SWBFI, I realize just how great the gameplay of that map is. It will always be my favorite SWBFII map in either game. I am a large fan of the Geonosis battle in episode II and I feel this map has captured that battle better than any other Geonosis map I have played. (except Spire. That map is a 1000000/10 on the awesomeness scale in terms of feeling like you are in the movie)

2)Tantive IV: Interior, I never remembered playing this map until SK made his port, then Sereja. I think the gameplay is amazing in both SWBFI and II. Conquest gameplay is better for SWBFI in my opinion and it feels like a well lit Jabba's Palace. It is my 2nd favorite close up map right behind SWBFI version of Jabba. But the thing that really makes this map for me is the CTF in SWBFII. It is amazing.

3)Dagobah: Swamps, I really love this map. It is a nice cross between Endor and Yavin IV and the gameplay in SWBFI is an absolute blast. This is one of the maps that SWBFII's gameplay ruins. But in SWBFI the map plays great. CTF in SWBFII is fun for this map, but I prefer conquest. It is a nice challenge and I like the feeling you get when you turn the corner in a fog bound environment and meet a bunch of soldiers. This map is fun to get lost in the surroundings then realize you're right on top of the main enemy CP!

4)Utapau: Sinkhole, This map is great fun for almost any type of style of gamer. The environment is amazing although you could argue that it isn't very true to the movies. It is one of those maps, when you first see it think "oh this isn't that good" but when you start playing you really get immersed into the gameplay. Another reason I like this map is because I love the 212th legion in Episode III. So playing this map reminds me of the total of 2 mins they show the 212th kicking droid butt!  :D

5) Coruscant: Jedi Temple, this map is extremely fun in single or multiplayer. It has a nice feel to it and in multiplayer can be really intense. It has the potential in SWBFI to look really nice and the movie props look fit well into the map. The CP placement looks unbalanced at first but after you start playing it works out quite well! This map is hard to explain why I like it but, if you play it you might understand.  ;)

So there you have it, my top 5 favorite SWBFII maps.

I have to say Death Star is tied with my number 5. I love that map. But I like Jedi Temple better.  :shrug:

I think it's intersting that you guys like Polis Massa. I felt that the stock SWBFII CP placements ruined the map for either SWBFI or II. But Sereja's choice of CP placement really spiced up the map and gameplay. It also encouraged seeing the little things in the map you wouldn't normally notice. One of the reasons I like SWBFI better is that you can really "take in" your environment. But in SWBFII its always rush to the battle. I think the sprint option in SWBFII ruins the look and feel of the map because you aren't moving slow like in SWBFI to really look at the environment. You guys get my meaning?  :confused:

[spoiler]Yesh, this is a long post. And all this time I could have been working on my essay.  :slap:[/spoiler]

Quote from: Kit Fisto on March 21, 2013, 07:23:17 PM
Yesh, this is a long post. And all this time I could have been working on my essay.  :slap:
Omg, you have no idea....

Buuuuu, Utapau on swbf2 has a so lame distance lag >.>
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Quote from: {212} Nixo on March 22, 2013, 05:50:44 AM
Got to be mustafar first :D
Same, I like any corridor based maps, although there are some other good ones for sniping and Dagobah can be fun. :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

I like all, of my converted maps, and probably, that's why, I am try to convert them... :P
I am not a big fan, of SWBF2 gameplay, so, maybe, if I convert some other map's, I will also like them ;).

By the way, seems, you forget to add, Hoth and Naboo, in your list...   :confused:.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Quote from: Sereja on March 22, 2013, 06:37:12 AM
I like all, of my converted maps, and probably, that's why, I am try to convert them... :P
I am not a big fan, of SWBF2 gameplay, so, maybe, if I convert some other map's, I will also like them ;).

By the way, seems, you forget to add, Hoth and Naboo, in your list...   :confused:.
Let me put it this way, if you could only play 5 of the above maps in SWBFI then which would you choose and why? :tu:

The reason I didn't include Hoth, Naboo, Yavin and either of the Tatooine maps (Mos and Jabba) is because they are virtually the same as in SWBFI. This poll was to ask what "new" maps from SWBFII they liked and why. :cheers:

Ok, let's see...
1. Felucia - I like jungle and foggy maps most of all, and Felucia is most unusual of them. Plus Aklay, in history mission.
2. Dagobah - almost the same reason, but those jungle even more foggy, darky, and misterious... What else cud be need for a nice map?  8)
3. Tantivie IV - probably some movie nostalgy. Also, it's realy rare, shp interior map, and I can win, SWBF2 version of it, with no death!  :P
(for my SWBF2 play skill, it's real record :D).
4. Death Star -  another interior, and realy well maded, home of bad guys. Cold and unfriendly style...
5. Polis Massa - ability to change usual interior enviroment, and walk in to the open space. That's was realy new...
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf: