Operation: Ferret Master

Started by Breakdown, May 30, 2010, 03:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Ok. So this is quite possibly the greatest custom map I've played in the entire two SWBF games.

It's just so full of greatness, I can barely explain. Has anyone else played it?

To be hoenst, I haven't even been able to beat it, but it's still great. I get stuck at the part where conquest begins, I tend to lose then, even if I get all the CP's, could anybody help me out there?

I really hope everybody has the chance to play this. If you have SWBF2, download it immeadiatley. I think there's a link on GT somwhere.

-Breakdown

sorry, i dont see it in Ryan's topic

**edit**

thought this was also a swbf1 map, srry

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

that would be because this is SWBF II and not SWBF I

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse

Quote from: Soap Mactavish on May 30, 2010, 04:12:00 PM
thought this was also a swbf1 map, srry

just said that.

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

Find all the holocrons, conquest becomes much easier. You haven't gotten all the CPs if you are losing - you only lose by running out of reinforcements. First you capture the CPs in the town and in the forest, then the CP by the hill, then you proceed into the mountain.

And OFM is definitely one of my favorites, too. It got me interested in learning mission scripting, and it's probably the reason I made my Rebel Ops series (which you have played, right?  :P)

Quote from: Maveritchell on May 30, 2010, 06:22:08 PM
Find all the holocrons, conquest becomes much easier. You haven't gotten all the CPs if you are losing - you only lose by running out of reinforcements. First you capture the CPs in the town and in the forest, then the CP by the hill, then you proceed into the mountain.

And OFM is definitely one of my favorites, too. It got me interested in learning mission scripting, and it's probably the reason I made my Rebel Ops series (which you have played, right?  :P)

I was only able to find two of the holocrons, lol. One[spoiler] behind the jawa building[/spoiler] and another on the [spoiler]island where the rebels are hiding, in the bush[/spoiler] (put in spoilers in case somebody wanted to find them on their own.

Command post on the hill? :-/  I don't recall one, unless it appears after capturing both the town and the forest. Though thank you for your help!

And yeah, I've tried playing through the first two Rebel Ops missions, but I suck, so I've never really gotten far on them. Though maybe one day I'll try to beat them.

May 30, 2010, 06:47:08 PM #6 Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 06:54:15 PM by Maveritchell
There are eight holocrons to pick up, offhand I can give you some vague locations (that may or may not be correct - it's been a long time since I've played it, but you should still ignore them if you want to get them on your own)
[spoiler]1 ) landing pad
2 ) Wookiee catamaran (side of island opposite town)
3 )underwater in shallow inlet on same side of island as catamaran
4 ) behind Acklay cave
5 ) behind building in town
6 ) behind Jawa building
7 ) small island in inlet towards the mountains (near where the Black Sun guys are)
8 ) Rebel island[/spoiler]
You can get all of these before you even set the story in motion (for the most part). Also, make sure you get the shield bonus (the Black Sun sidequest) as early as possible, since each levelup adds to your shield if you have it. With a high-leveled shield and player, you can get the eighth holocron just by walking out to it through the water.

Also, if you're having problems with Rebel Ops:
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=67950E584D0BCB8F

Quote from: Maveritchell on May 30, 2010, 06:47:08 PM
There are eight holocrons to pick up, offhand I can give you some vague locations (that may or may not be correct - it's been a long time since I've played it, but you should still ignore them if you want to get them on your own)
[spoiler]1) landing pad
2) Wookiee catamaran (side of island opposite town)
3)underwater in shallow inlet on same side of island as catamaran
4) behind Acklay cave
5) behind building in town
6) behind Jawa building
7) small island in inlet towards the mountains (near where the Black Sun guys are)
8) Rebel island[/spoiler]
You can get all of these before you even set the story in motion (for the most part). Also, make sure you get the shield bonus (the Black Sun sidequest) as early as possible, since each levelup adds to your shield if you have it. With a high-leveled shield and player, you can get the eighth holocron just by walking out to it through the water.

Also, if you're having problems with Rebel Ops:

Awesome thanks a lot, Mav'. I'll go try this out right now.