How to mod Battlefront II for the Playstation 2...

Started by ThePlushieZone, January 02, 2018, 01:40:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
January 02, 2018, 01:40:26 PM Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 03:36:32 PM by Anyder
Ok, so just yesterday I jailbroke my PS2 with FreeMCBoot, and I've had this theory that if I ported the unused Rhen Var map from the PSP version, it might work on PS2. So I grabbed my swbf2 disc, and created an .iso, then decided to take the files and write a brand new image, then I patched it, put it on my USB, and loaded OPL (Open PS2 Loader) and EUREKA! I played on Rhen Var!

So, first look up TrashyCanary on youtube, look for his PS2 SLIM Modding tutorial, and watch it.

YOU WILL NEED TAPE, A PC WITH A DISK DRIVE, A PS2 SLIM, AND A USB THUMBDRIVE (PNY 16GB FLASH-DRIVE IS RECCOMENDED!!)

After you have jailbroken your PS2, insert your swbf2 disc into your PC and copy all of the files, then open the folder with your copied game, and edit any of the files. You can find a few mods I have ported to PS2 in the Battlefront II files and folders in downloads... To replace files, such as Dagobah, with Rhen Var; Rename Rhev Var to DAG1.lvl and drag it into the same folder as the original to replace it.

In ImageBurn, choose "make image from files and folders" and choose the parent folder of your modification, it will ask you if you want to just include all of  the other sub-folders/files, click yes. If any other things come up, such as data verification, size prompts, click ok or yes.

Now take your new .iso, and rename it to 1_01, or 2_01 if it is the greatest hits version. Finally, open Memento Disc Patcher, and open your .iso image. If you do not do this, your .iso will not be recognised by OPL..

Ok, thats it!

Let me know if you have any issues, I really hope this helps you!!

May the force be with you....  :wave:

EDIT: If you dont believe me, then go to my YouTube channel called The Plushie Zone Gaming, and you'll find the video  :cheer: :cheer:

Edit by Anyder: Avoid double posting by making use of the edit button  ;)

8) That's pretty interesting, I know someone over at gametoast was going to do something of a port for custom maps for the ps2.
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant