2 (15.4%)
Tom
3 (23.1%)
Judy
0 (0%)
Cooper
2 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Night Of The Living Dead v1.0  (Read 4991 times)

Phobos

• Poodoo
  • Just Registered
  • Awards Shotgun Tournament 1st Place Award for extensive modding contributions and/or donations to TWD Battlefront Special Award for those that play the original SWBF To recognize Modders that make a most excellent contribution within the Month LeaderBoard 1 organized by GDH92 and ComSharpshot T.1 1v1 Tournament 1st Place organized by SleepKiller Releasing Multiple Mods on SWBFgamers.com Recognizes someone who most generously donated funds to the site or the site Special Award for those that play SWBF2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Night Of The Living Dead v1.0
« on: October 31, 2014, 04:00:23 PM »

Night Of The Living Dead v1.0
released by Phobos on Halloween 2014

-> Download NOTLD Mod Map <-
Download NOTLD SoundTrack

NOTLD Installation
1. This mod is very easy to install. First copy the ZOM folder to your _LVL_PC folder here
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\Data\_LVL_PC
2. Then copy the NLD1 folder into your AddOn
C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\AddOn
3. Now launch SWBF, note if you want to play with MiniMap enabled, rename or delete the file NoMap.lvl

- Included here with the mod is the complete Design Document, broken into 3 sections: ReadMe, Credits, and Strategy Guide.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Extended Credits
Hologram Tutorial - Bamdur
Palm Tree Prop Model - RepublicCommando
Telephone Pole and Wire Models - RepublicCommando
Hookah with Hardpoint - Darth SpiderPig
Comet and Plasma Effects - Sereja
Witch Model - Sereja and Phobos
Hellspawn Model - Nedarb7
Magic Staff Model - Unknown
Glaive Model - Unknown

Development Patches
http://nld.fcsite.cf/updates.html
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 05:02:09 PM by Phobos »

RepComm

• Internet Addict
  • Yeah, I painted that!
  • Awards Award for extensive modding contributions and/or donations to TWD Battlefront ICW2 Participant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Night Of The Living Dead
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 04:19:03 PM »
Darn, I get to the loading screen and it crashes..
Time to break out SPTest

edit- Works in SPTest, just says it can't find archeo.lvl

I'll try running it in Singleplayer with regular battlefront.exe

iT works in single player.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 05:30:22 PM by RepubliqueCmdr »

Joseph

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 05:41:59 PM »
Awesome job!

MileHighGuy

• SWBF1 Modder
  • Master Modder
  • Frequent Poster
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 08:05:29 PM »
This is a really cool mod. I love the holograms displaying the barricades. I can definitely see the work you put into it! great job!

411Remnant

• Master Modder
  • Frequent Poster
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 08:26:52 PM »
Played for a good 40 minutes...lost though. It was extremly fun phobos! Those soldiers are way harder than the zombies when they start coming out of the forest.
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

Commander Awesome

• SWBF 1&2 Modder
  • Moderators
  • This Man Has No Life
  • Addicted to Battlefront since 2006.
  • Awards Special Award for players of the EA's SWBF (2015) Participated in the ICW6 Special Award for those that play SWBF2 Special Award for those that play the original SWBF
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • PSN: AaTc_CmdrAwesome
  • Steam ID:
  • Origin ID: Rayce_Skykiller
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2014, 10:06:09 PM »
I've never actually played a zombie mod before. It was actually quite fun. I won BTW. Can you play as the soldiers, too? And in this based on the movie of the same name? (I haven't seen it)

RepComm

• Internet Addict
  • Yeah, I painted that!
  • Awards Award for extensive modding contributions and/or donations to TWD Battlefront ICW2 Participant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2014, 10:52:11 PM »
i found out after a few rounds that you better get in serejas tank and book it for the hills.. after two large explosions and a cp capture, you are safe to go about the map noobing zombies with the tank turret.

Phobos

• Poodoo
  • Just Registered
  • Awards Shotgun Tournament 1st Place Award for extensive modding contributions and/or donations to TWD Battlefront Special Award for those that play the original SWBF To recognize Modders that make a most excellent contribution within the Month LeaderBoard 1 organized by GDH92 and ComSharpshot T.1 1v1 Tournament 1st Place organized by SleepKiller Releasing Multiple Mods on SWBFgamers.com Recognizes someone who most generously donated funds to the site or the site Special Award for those that play SWBF2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2014, 03:34:15 AM »
I've never actually played a zombie mod before. It was actually quite fun. I won BTW. Can you play as the soldiers, too? And in this based on the movie of the same name? (I haven't seen it)
yes, its based on two movies (original and remake).
it seems the soldiers aren't too smart with the vehicles and leave them sitting there. after 20 minutes the army is spawnable and you can switch to their team, or you can mod the LUA to start off as military. i have been playing with minimap on to look for AI getting stuck.

@milehighguy
edit - i forgot to include bamdur in the credits for his hologram tutorial, very useful
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 10:00:43 AM by Phobos »

Anyder

• SWBFSpy Manager
  • Community Ambassador
  • Lavish Poster
  • Awards DET1-admin To recognize Modders that make a most excellent contribution within the Month SWBF LeaderBoards 2-first ICW4 Winner A member of the winning team of ICW6 Recognizes someone who most generously donated funds to the site or the site Special Award for players of the EA's SWBF (2015)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
  • Origin ID: AnyderMotionless
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2014, 05:05:25 AM »
If not the best, one of the best modmaps I've ever played :cheers:
| SWBFSpy Manager | Community Ambassador | communityambassador@swbfgamers.com

| WhatsApp: +34 602 67 61 20

SWBFSpy Info Website: http://info.swbfspy.com

{PLA}gdh92

• {PLA}
  • This Man Has No Life
  • Awards Participated in the ICW6 Participated in the ICW5 Special Award for those that play the original SWBF ICW4 Participant Recognizes someone who most generously donated funds to the site or the site ICW3 Participant Just for Gdh, because he is awesome. ICW2 Participant Intergalactic Clan War 1 Participant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2014, 08:50:22 AM »
This is an amazing mod, I've had a few attempts on hard difficulty and I keep dying when the zombies with high health get in. It's a great map and the variety of zombies is good. I haven't even had a proper look around outside the house yet.
The only things I would change would be to have just 1 spawn point in the top room (you often die again instantly when respawning surrounded by zombies) and, if it's possible, make the barriers easier to fix, the bigger ones often take several attempts to get working although I'm guessing this is a game engine issue. The fact you got this level working in battlefront is really impressive.  :tu:

Edit: Just got as far as the military on hard but died a few times a row from flame throwers then was sniped and lost also the sledgehammer seems to glitch less than the hammer but that could just be because it's faster.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 10:27:48 AM by {PLA}gdh92 »
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

MileHighGuy

• SWBF1 Modder
  • Master Modder
  • Frequent Poster
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2014, 10:51:58 AM »
Are you going to put this on moddb? More people will see it that way.

Phobos

• Poodoo
  • Just Registered
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2014, 11:11:07 AM »
Are you going to put this on moddb? More people will see it that way.
As soon as I have a nice gallery of screenshots I'll submit it there, seeing how they really emphasize that aspect. Feel free to post any good screens here.

@GDH there are two lines in the ODF for hammer and sledgehammer that affect the repair. Range and Angle, which will both be increased for the next patch. This makes it so AI can repair them from even farther away, but will make it easier for players. The spawnpaths can also be updated, right now all 3 cps use one path with nodes placed in all levels, but they can easily be separated.

Thanks to everyone for the positive feedback. I plan on adding more trees and other props to the house later on, I need to rewatch the films again for more ideas
  :cheers:

Edit: Just got as far as the military on hard but died a few times a row from flame throwers then was sniped and lost also the sledgehammer seems to glitch less than the hammer but that could just be because it's faster.
The hammer uses a range of 2.5, sledgehammer 3.0 which is default melee range. So I have buffed the ranges by 0.5 each respectively. They should have been 3.0 and 3.5, both Angles are set to 75. I may upload a v1.1 patch next week just for the SIDE if you can find point out any other weapons that need to be tweaked/balanced.

Added Poll to Thread - Vote for your favorite character to play as
right now mine is cooper followed closely by tom.

- Added Extended Credits section to the main post. Anything I forgot to list the author for will go here such as RepCom's palm tree prop.

Dev patches can now be downloaded here: http://nld.fcsite.cf/updates.html
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 07:00:26 PM by Phobos »

Anyder

• SWBFSpy Manager
  • Community Ambassador
  • Lavish Poster
  • Awards DET1-admin To recognize Modders that make a most excellent contribution within the Month SWBF LeaderBoards 2-first ICW4 Winner A member of the winning team of ICW6 Recognizes someone who most generously donated funds to the site or the site Special Award for players of the EA's SWBF (2015)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
  • Origin ID: AnyderMotionless
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2014, 06:40:40 PM »
| SWBFSpy Manager | Community Ambassador | communityambassador@swbfgamers.com

| WhatsApp: +34 602 67 61 20

SWBFSpy Info Website: http://info.swbfspy.com

Phobos

• Poodoo
  • Just Registered
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2014, 07:21:44 PM »
nice video anyder

v1.01 side patch has been released! 1.02 patch now has autoaim support, players with controllers will enjoy this.
http://nld.fcsite.cf/updates.html
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 09:58:38 PM by Phobos »

(Wusi)Trooper X

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2014, 07:23:32 AM »
Great Mod! I'm really enjoying it!
History Guy! "Oh without the history..."
Archiving Guy! "Mods are Amazing they make you play the game, even when you cant play online!"