What would you like to see in EA's new Battlefront?

Started by Roxas, June 13, 2013, 08:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I think having an advanced squad control system from Republic Commando would be great. Say I have three people following me, I can order them to focus on a single enemy (like a Droideka if I don't have a weapon to take down it's shields quickly). Also, I think it'd be awesome if they had a Droid Commando as a class. Hero's should have varying health/speed/power. And of course, maps from BF1 and 2.

What do you guys want?

SWBF1 with updated graphics and more players :P
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Land to space battles w/ mod tools!
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

1. Fully destructible maps.
2. Kit pickup
3. Keep the Jet Trooper, but give him a sniper rifle
4. Please. no COD/RC sniper rifle close quarter combat. It's fun for RC, but I don't want that to be the entire game.
5. Mines, keep the mines in the game.
6. More unit selection
7. Fire. What I mean by this, say you walk through a forest in a map, lay a mine, enemy trips on mine, mine blows up, starts fire rampaging through map.  :P
8. Kill the rolling, I want side skipping, like in RC
9. Custom map/skin maker.
10. Unit customization
11. An option to chat with your team instead of everyone.
Quote from: Roxas on June 13, 2013, 08:42:19 AM
I think having an advanced squad control system from Republic Commando would be great. Say I have three people following me, I can order them to focus on a single enemy (like a Droideka if I don't have a weapon to take down it's shields quickly). Also, I think it'd be awesome if they had a Droid Commando as a class. Hero's should have varying health/speed/power. And of course, maps from BF1 and 2.

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Quote from: Josh on June 13, 2013, 09:10:26 AM

11. An option to chat with your team instead of everyone.

Both games have that.

I want it to be fun
I'm not multi-clanning I just have lots of affiliates.

Quote from: Buckler on June 13, 2013, 08:44:34 AM
SWBF1 with updated graphics and more players :P
pretty much sums it up for me

i have a feeling the jets will make a re-appearance although im not a fan, i think they should at least nerf their guns.

i was kinda thinkin they should have three game types, giant battles, small swbf type skirmishes, and a more realistic star wars shooter (a few semit auto hand held blasters)

i would vote against the unit customization, storm troopers need to to be clean and all the same
Peace is a lie, there is only passion          -Fear leads to anger
Through passion, I gain strength              -Anger leads to hate
Through strength, I gain power                -Hate leads to suffering
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me

If anything I would like it to be similar to the first 2 games. Command Posts and the like. I want very good single player modes that don't get old after 2 rounds. I want them to look at the first 2 games and see what was great about those.
I would love to see some or all of the SWBFI/SWBFII maps to make an appearance. I would probably buy the game just for the old maps.

But like I said above, it needs to feel like a Battlefront game. Not a Battlefield game. There is a difference.

Someone should send an e-mail to EA linking them to this thread. Make sure to mention that many people here have been playing Battlefront since 2004, that might make them want to at least look at it. :cheers:

Quote from: Roxas on June 13, 2013, 09:16:40 AM
Both games have that.
I meant on consoles. And talking, not typing.

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

1. CloudCity and all the other SWBF1 maps
2. Class based
3. Buildings can be damaged/destroyed
4. 100+ player battles
5. Text chat
6. Ability to create mod maps
7. Everyone from here playing :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

What do i want to see? since its probably going to take up a lot of space, ill put it in spoilers.
[spoiler]First, i want to see EVERY single map from both swbf and swbfII, plus new maps[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Secondly, iv got two more idea that are more of a either or.
[spoiler]Class gameplay. This is the kind of thing we all know and love. Its what make battlefront what it is. fairly self explanatory[/spoiler]
[spoiler]However, another sort of thing i would like is customizable classes. Each person would be able to choose how each class for each side looks, and would be given 5 slots to do it (per side). a person can choose from any and every weapon available to that side.[/spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler]Finally, matchmaking. when swbf came out matchmaking didn't exist. now it does. a series of maps are shown, and people vote on which map they want to play on. then, after the map is selected, they choose the era and then the mode. sometimes the mode is chosen with the map)[/spoiler]

-Ability to run on a laptop with minimal requirements.
-Bring CC and Mos into the mappacks.
-Modding capability.
-Custom class loadouts (with limitations).
-Matchmaking availability.
-Ground/space battles.

That's pretty much all I hope for.

1. Complete HUD customization abilities.
2. A sort of online skin changer that everyone sees (like on SWRC), but you have to get kills to earn money, and buy things (like skins, or vehicles, reinforcements.. etc).
3. (Sort of a copy from above) A credit system (republic credits, bounty hunter missions).
4. A REAL bespin CC (SWBF's was nice, but it needs the "city in the sky" feel).
5. LOTS OF SPACE MAPS, online galactic conquest.
6. Buddy/Ignore system for online.
edit- 7. Full sized naboo, with the palace on a cliff and everything!