Imperial Blaster Pistol from PS2 VER

Started by zealot, January 29, 2018, 02:29:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I have noticed that on the computer version of the game, the standard blaster for the Imperial side is a scout trooper blaster pistol. Is there a way to get the Blaster Pistol model from the PS2/console version as it is in fact at different model actually, its the standard issue Blaster pistol for the Empire I think.
So would there be a way to get the model of the pistol and use it on the computer version of the game?

If not the CIS blaster is similar could that be the same model, but with red scope colors instead of blue? Sorry if this a niche question I've just always wondered why its like that, and if its possible to get the model for the computer version?
zealot

Huh, interesting to know!

If you have the game files, swbf-unmunge can extract models from the PS2 version but not textures. You can use that to get the model at least.

January 29, 2018, 04:36:13 PM #2 Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 05:10:47 PM by zealot
Thank you for this, Sleepkiller. I've figured out how to use it on my own as well!
zealot

Sadly, upon getting the PS2 Imperial pistol and adding the msh to another team and replacing the regular pistol of that team the model just didn't exist at all, you did say it had no textures but instead of being white or something it was just nothingness AIR. Could there be a way to get the texture even if you said I can't? Or else without the texture the Pistol is just you shooting with a fist. Effectively making it not a gun model at all.
zealot

Quote from: zealot on January 29, 2018, 05:45:50 PM
Sadly, upon getting the PS2 Imperial pistol and adding the msh to another team and replacing the regular pistol of that team the model just didn't exist at all, you did say it had no textures but instead of being white or something it was just nothingness AIR. Could there be a way to get the texture even if you said I can't? Or else without the texture the Pistol is just you shooting with a fist. Effectively making it not a gun model at all.

swbf-unmunge doesn't extract models perfectly in a ready-to-use manner, you'd have to import it into Softimage Mod Tool and re-export it. Send the model to me and I'll see what I can do with it.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

In addition to what Gistech said (the model may just need some manual touchups, although I wouldn't expect it to not show up at all). You should make sure you've set the '-platform' and '-version' switches correctly. With them set incorrectly you can get bad output for some files.

Quote from: Gistech on January 29, 2018, 11:11:36 PM
swbf-unmunge doesn't extract models perfectly in a ready-to-use manner, you'd have to import it into Softimage Mod Tool and re-export it. Send the model to me and I'll see what I can do with it.

Alright then, i've put the weapon's files up on mediafire, here's the link to it.[spoiler]http://www.mediafire.com/file/9fikjdbekfadgqm/PS2+Imperial+Pistol.rar[/spoiler]

Hope you can do something with it!
zealot

There's no data in those, it seems.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

Quote from: Gistech on January 30, 2018, 02:54:10 PM
There's no data in those, it seems.

What Seriously?! I'll take a look at it again and see whats wrong...
zealot

Quote from: zealot on January 30, 2018, 02:58:53 PM

Yeah, the .msh files are 3KB and 1KB respectively - far too small to contain anything.

I no longer have a PS2 copy, but if you PM me the imp.lvl, I might be able to have a go at extracting them myself.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Quote from: zealot on January 30, 2018, 02:58:53 PM
You did read my post right? Because it sounds to me like you may not have set the platform switch correctly.

Okay, I've received and extracted from the PS2 IMP.LVL successfully. The UV on the pistol is completely different for it when compared to the CIS pistol, so it's definitely using a different texture.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Perhaps imp_pistol_inf.tga from the IMP side assets is the texture you're looking for. If that's not it, maybe I could extract it from the PS2 version.

January 31, 2018, 05:09:41 AM #13 Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 06:34:26 AM by Gistech
Quote from: DylanRocket on January 31, 2018, 05:03:15 AM
Perhaps imp_pistol_inf.tga from the IMP side assets is the texture you're looking for. If that's not it, maybe I could extract it from the PS2 version.

Neither texture fits, unfortunately. It's definitely a unique texture. Any chance you could extract it?
In Progress:

On Hold:

I found the texture in the mod tools as "Imp_pistol_inf". It's low-res (understandably so) but I'll upload the fixed assets soon.
In Progress:

On Hold: