Sound files?

Started by zealot, January 22, 2018, 10:52:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I was wondering in the SWBF1 Mod tools for sounds, specifically side/teams sounds, what are the files for these sounds? i want to add sounds from other teams to another team. E.G i want the rebellion blaster rifle sound, and i want to add it to the republic side for any of the weapons? If i wanted to do this how would i exactly?
zealot

Example:  If you wanted a rebel rifle sound in your side to the republic, you would add this line to your mission.lua (bes1a is platforms).
Code (lua) Select
ReadDataFile("sound\\bes.lvl;bes1gcw");
You would then call corresponding code in your rifle's code (add something like this to rep_inf_rifle in place of the Republic Rifle Sounds).
Code (lua) Select
//******************************************************
//*************** SOUND ****************
//******************************************************

FireSound        = "all_weap_inf_rifle_fire"
ReloadSound      = "all_weap_inf_reload_med"
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

For some odd reason though this might not always work I remember going crazy at trying to load three sound files at the same time on Mos Eisely, for some reason the map just seemed overloaded and loaded nothing...
It was bad to the point where I had to create a new file to be called with the files I wanted...
Also, check out my total conversion for BF1: Ferocious Battlefront
http://www.moddb.com/mods/ferocious-battlefront

RELEASE INCOMING

This is what I wrote on it a while ago: http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=6176.0
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.