Floating issues never go away!

Started by i2Bros, December 12, 2017, 11:56:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I was finally able to remove floating icons from my custom sides, but now I got a new problem: the fixed weapon icon is there, but now I have another floating icon just mocking me on the screen! What the heck is going on? :'(
"Come on, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?"
- Lieutenant Rasczak speaking to the Roughnecks troopers

I remember there was a tutorial about how to fix the weapon icons If you are out of luck here try asking in gametoast.

I have found a fix, but it involved deleting cis custom weapon icons... why does that even effect it in the first place?

QuoteI have found a fix, but it involved deleting cis custom weapon icons... why does that even effect it in the first place?

This is because you only need to load the extraweapons.hud to one side at a time. Once is enough to load all textures and positions.

I don't understand. Explain better.

December 21, 2017, 12:35:00 PM #5 Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 12:44:54 PM by Calrissian97
Ok so, you only need to load a single extraweapons.hud file per game. So long as one side has a hud file, it'll load. It should also be noted that the weapons in the hud file DO NOT have to be exclusive to that side. For example, you can have a CIS weapon loaded in the hud file that is in the REP side and it'll work. By loading the hud file in BOTH, you're loading in the positions twice which causes the textures to load twice. However, only one hud position can be used. This results in only one hud position, two textures, and only one texture can fit in a single position. Therefore, the extra is loaded in the standard position hanging off the middle of the screen. To put it shortly, remove the hud file and the com_inv_mesh from your CIS side and load everything from the REP side. Or vice versa. Just copy the contents of one into the other if you already made one for the other team. Just one is needed. Does that help?

P.S.
I've attatched the hud file from my custom rep side. As you can see in it, I'm loading imperial and cis weapons in it and it works perfectly!

Nice thanks for the advice.