Game server maintenance upcoming 11/27/17

Started by Led, November 26, 2017, 09:29:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Upcoming downtime with power cycle early on 11/27 due to cabinet migration

Our facilities provider in Chicago, Internap, is requiring that we move several cabinets' worth of gear in this facility over to new cabinets. We have been planning these moves for the last month and coordinating with Internap to try to make them as smooth as possible. We have done such moves successfully many times in the past.

The moves are set to occur over the course of several mornings (we are doing them early in the morning to minimize customer impact). On November 27, between approximately midnight and 8am CST, we plan to move the equipment in the cabinet hosting your specific service. This means that you will see your service gracefully shut down at some point during the window (close to the beginning of it), and booted back up later in the window (as soon as we have finished moving all of the gear -- at least a few hours later).

We will be taking every precaution to be as careful as we can with your hardware. However, there is always the possibility that a hardware problem will be revealed by the move. Because of this, we strongly recommend that you back up any irreplaceable data that you may have stored on the server.

If you require very high levels of uptime and the hours of downtime will cause problems for you on the 27th, please contact us, and we can investigate how we can help, such as by providing a temporary service or moving you to other hardware. (While most of our cabinets in Chicago will need to be moved, a couple will remain in place, and those will only see downtime when our router is migrated later in the week -- less than 30 minutes.)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I will get the NFO server back up and running when I can.  In the mean-time, I will have other server options available.

maintenance complete, servers back up  :cheers: