Star Wars Battlefront II - Leaked Trailer?!?

Started by DylanRocket, April 11, 2017, 07:38:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
April 11, 2017, 07:38:53 PM Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 08:03:38 PM by DylanRocket
So it looks like the trailer has been leaked early:

It looks too legit to be fake, in my opinion.

[spoiler]CLONE WARS![/spoiler]

Definitely legit, it was leaked on their own Twitter...

Someone's lost their job!

While it is a very short trailer; there's quite a bit to unpack.

[spoiler]
. 'All Eras' PT, OT, ST
. Fully fledged campaign, seemingly following an elite Tie Fighter Pilot (note the Red Marks)
. A lot of space combat present
. Darth Maul and Yoda
. Preorder includes heroes from 'The Last Jedi'
. Tauntauns
. Jetpacks are still in the game
. Republic Cruisers are on the promo art, above Maul's head
[/spoiler]

April 12, 2017, 12:34:35 AM #2 Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 02:00:46 AM by Gistech
Location notes:

[spoiler]-Endor
-Hoth
-Possibly Coruscant
-Starkiller Base
-Takodana
-Naboo Generator Rooms[/spoiler]
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

Imagine if they are still mainly focused on Galactic Civil war and the Force Awaken and they just decided to make a little like arena mini maps from the Clone Wars with let say 4 Clone wars heroes and a little battle with clones and droids.I will fall of the chair again just like in the first Battlefront and will laugh alot.My advice is don't get hype people.Thats what EA want.They are devils they know how to manipulate people minds.DONT PRE-ORDER!!!!!They tricked people too much.Remember the past!

April 12, 2017, 01:54:29 AM #4 Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 02:04:06 AM by Gistech
Bear in mind this is not the full trailer.

But also note that there are a ton or Republic-era ships on that artwork alongside the Imperial-era ones, and they took the time to recreate that famous Naboo generator room as a map from the looks of things, so I doubt it's going to be SWBFEA1 Battles-style content.

Cautiously optimistic on this one. Won't be pre-ordering, but if they play this right, I might actually get this when it releases. But I certainly won't be getting the Season Pass until they confirm what's actually in it, and that's IF there is a Season Pass. I don't know if they will go for the Titanfall 2 model for DLC.

Did anybody catch Rey running through what appears to be Endor? Look carefully at the white-clad figure dying behind her. That's an Imperial Stormtrooper, not a First Order Stormtrooper. So it seems we might be able to pick ANY hero on ANY map, regardless of era, or it might be that this is an expanded version of Heroes Vs Villains.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

There's a scene with Ray running through Endor, and the two troopers getting shot next to her... One is an Imperial Stormtrooper and one is a First Order. This could mean that we might be able to play as all 3 era troopers on all maps.
The years just fly past, don't they?

Quote from: Gistech on April 12, 2017, 01:54:29 AM
Did anybody catch Rey running through what appears to be Endor? Look carefully at the white-clad figure dying behind her. That's an Imperial Stormtrooper, not a First Order Stormtrooper. So it seems we might be able to pick ANY hero on ANY map, regardless of era, or it might be that this is an expanded version of Heroes Vs Villains.

They both look like First Order Stormtroopers to me:

Though there are Imperial TIE Fighters on Takodana:

note that while they say "all eras", all of the characters shown either lived after or were born after the clone wars.

Quote from: Ltin on April 12, 2017, 08:21:57 AM
note that while they say "all eras", all of the characters shown either lived after or were born after the clone wars.

Darth Maul.

In Progress:

On Hold:

He was seen in the trailer, along with prequel trilogy Yoda.

And the Naboo generator room that he's in. So CW must be confirmed.

Don't forget the Venator-class Star Destroyers, Providence Class Carrier/Destroyers, and the Arc-170s that are present in the artwork at the end of the trailer.

Quote from: Nyx on April 12, 2017, 11:30:00 AM
He was seen in the trailer, along with prequel trilogy Yoda.

And the Naboo generator room that he's in. So CW must be confirmed.
You are assuming that the building does not exist after the clone wars.

Also what makes you think it is prequel trilogy yoda?

Dylan does have a point, although venators (converted to pirate patrol) and providences (used by CIS splinter groups, and possibly the early rebellion) were used post republic to a lesser extent, they would likely never have clashed post CW.

Although i cant really make out for certain venators in the shot, the providences are pretty clear.

actually that shot is pretty strange imo.
It looks to me like a CIS fleet on the left, and an imperial fleet on the right (the proportions for at least one of the ships is definitely not a venator). Maybe some sort of Gizor Dellso sort of thing?

Quote from: Ltin on April 12, 2017, 12:21:32 PM
Also what makes you think it is prequel trilogy yoda?

Easy: Yoda lost his lightsaber in his duel with Darth Sidious. Canonically, he never constructed another one.
In Progress:

On Hold: