problems with the servers swbfspy

Started by (IGF)GuardianPT, November 23, 2016, 06:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
hi there,
im here to tell about the servers, they have lag, some hackers too and in my list not show some servers there... i cant enter where the others go.

I have been unable to see some of the FC servers too, at least in the past.  I've been told they have a strict filter based on IP address ranges to prevent hackers that may also prevent some players from seeing the server as available.  I am not sure exactly how that works but I tried changing IP address to a different city and was able to see / play them. 

Quote from: (IGF)GuardianPT on November 23, 2016, 06:24:19 PM
hi there,
im here to tell about the servers, they have lag, some hackers too and in my list not show some servers there... i cant enter where the others go.
The servers have no relation with the masterserver, so we cant do anything. Check ur internet speed or use WinMTR to see if the problem comes from ur inet provider or the server hosts.
About the hackers idk what u mean.
If u cant join some servers it means server has a modmap which u dont, ure banned or the server is protected.

Quote from: Drunken_Master on November 23, 2016, 07:08:09 PM
I have been unable to see some of the FC servers too, at least in the past.  I've been told they have a strict filter based on IP address ranges to prevent hackers that may also prevent some players from seeing the server as available.  I am not sure exactly how that works but I tried changing IP address to a different city and was able to see / play them. 
Talking as an fc leader: We're the ones who decide if people can join or see our servers. If u cant, it means they're either down or protected.
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

November 24, 2016, 05:53:52 AM #3 Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 06:50:51 AM by Led
Gaurdian plays SWBF2.

Just to state what Anyder has already mentioned:

The master server has nothing to do with game lag.  The master server only provides the list of servers.

In SWBF2, be sure to search "all regions" for all games in the world.

Regarding lag in the game, there are only a few things that can be done:

-move closer to the game server city, such as Chicago.   (this is probably not practical)
-create your own game server in your city or your house  (note that you must know how to host a server)
-use a fast, reliable ISP and a hard wired connection when possible

To reiterate, game lag has nothing to do with SWBFspy, but the game host and your internet speed.

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet