Hello there

Started by CJ, December 16, 2014, 05:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi there! I played SWBF in 2006-08 (often on the JMMC servers), but stopped playing after I switched from Windows to Linux. I was feeling a bit nostalgic lately, so a few months ago I bought a copy of the game off Amazon and installed it on Linux using Wine.

I'm using SWBF 1.3 beta with nocd and gamemaster hexedit. Seems to work well, even with my laptop's integrated graphics. The loading screen was very slow, but a patch to Wine fixed it.

I found out about SWBFGamers when searching for a solution to the broken multiplayer. Thanks for the instructions on using GameMaster! Haven't played any multiplayer games yet - looking forward to meeting you on the servers.

Welcome  :cheers:

You will need to use 1.2 to play multiplayer with us, but we look forward to seeing you on the front!
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Welcome to the Front! (Led, we need an emote for saluting.)

Greetings and welcome!
Join the BOBclan Discord: click here | Proud member of the BOBclan since 2014

Welcome!
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Welcome to our cozy little domain. :cheers:
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Yes. he got it, he is back in game  :moo:

welcome to swbfgamers  :cheers:
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Welcome to the SWBFGamers forum! :)

Welcome back.  :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Thanks everyone!

Quote from: Led on December 16, 2014, 05:29:19 PM
You will need to use 1.2 to play multiplayer with us, but we look forward to seeing you on the front!

Strangely, I'm still using 1.3 beta (or at least I think I am, it's possible the nocd was for 1.2 and mislabeled) and able to connect to the servers, which are running 1.2.

Quote from: CJ on December 17, 2014, 01:58:22 PM
Thanks everyone!

Strangely, I'm still using 1.3 beta (or at least I think I am, it's possible the nocd was for 1.2 and mislabeled) and able to connect to the servers, which are running 1.2.

Can you provide a link?  I can make a correction to the description (if it is on this site).
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

glad to see a former regular of the jmmc servers  :cheers:

hope you enjoy it here!
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever