Water question

Started by Dark_Phantom, April 10, 2013, 07:30:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I have a question(s) about water for a level I'm doing:
Is there an .odf command for one unit to make the unit stay undamaged in water?  I know that there are commands for droideka to take a lot of damage (but I tried them and even tried without "upright" and such).  No, I don't want to use an AddHealth or Effect region if possible.
Also, is there any weapon that can fire underwater?  I know if the flamethrower glitches just right you can, but I don't know about melee weapons.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Quote from: Dark_Phantom on April 10, 2013, 07:30:37 AM
No, I don't want to use an AddHealth or Effect region if possible.
Why not? Water damage takes about 10-20% of health per second (I never explore it carefully enough). So, all you have to do, it's add "vacuum" (damage) region, and correct adjust it to your water level. Set it's parameters, to add about 10-20% of health, so, it will neutralize all water damage.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

The reason I said no effect region is because I only wanted 1 unit to be able to survive (like a "Marine" unit for each team).  I am going to use an AddHealth though if nothing else works.

'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Not a problem at all: you may set health type to your Marine, as droid or animal, and make damage region effect works, exactly for those health type.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Ok, that should work quite well.
Thanks Sereja!