Camera Perspective Discussion

Started by William, August 15, 2017, 02:29:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
What does everyone think about camera perspective and its effects on gameplay? I'd say standard third person SWBF2 style is pretty good for reasons listed below.

The reason I believe this is mostly because you can make up for the disadvantages of third person view, while you cannot say the same for first person view. You can always get better aim, however third person view players cannot simply improve their spatial awareness without making sacrifices. Moral of the story... you can always compensate for the cons of third person view.

Especially with regards to this game movement is very important for obvious reasons... it's required for many different things i.e. dodging, weaving around Jedi dash attacks, dodging detpacks, etc.

August 15, 2017, 01:56:02 PM #1 Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 01:59:06 PM by Incognito
It is a question I have been pondering on for several years now, and while I'm a FPS kind of dude, I actually use everything the game offers me.

First person may be the one I use the most, regular fights, easy to mildly difficult or when a steady aim is required.

Pure third person is the one I use for dodgy fights, like against a powerful aerial trooper when a lot of strafing is needed and an enhanced surrounding awareness is required.

And finally, the Resident Evil/Dead Space like camera is the one I use in intense fights when I gotta aim the for the head in a short distance and be efficient and deadly, it is also the mode I use for pistol sniping.
So I can't really bring myself to say which one I like the most, I take everything the game can give to me.  :P
EDIT :
Hum, while it ain't fully what I'm talking about, the first two minutes show a part of what I'm talking about.
Also, check out my total conversion for BF1: Ferocious Battlefront
http://www.moddb.com/mods/ferocious-battlefront

RELEASE INCOMING