Locolization Tricks (Revised)

Started by kaching335, August 20, 2009, 06:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
August 20, 2009, 06:40:02 PM Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 05:14:35 PM by Buckler
Part One: Global Mod Locolization

Battlebelk's Core Tool:

if you want this to be a global Mod,Download Battlebelk's core tool: 
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=307
EDIT: Fixed link by SleepKiller.

if not,skip ahead to part two.

Core Tool Instructions:

You do the localization like in rends tutorial(http://www.gametoast.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=971) as if you are doing it for a map then you munge your world, then open the

folder for your map (not the one in addon the unmunged folder) open the _BUILD _PC folder, then the Common folder, then the

munged folder, you should see files called stuff like german.loc and french.loc, copy all the files that have a .loc at the

end. Open the core lvl tool and open the munged folder, paste the .loc files in there, say yes to overwrite. Open the

core.lvl tool and double click on munge.When it is finished the new core lvl will be in the core folder.Then put the core.lvl

under Star Wars Battlefront/GameData/Data/_LVL_PC dont forget to make a backup!

Part Two: Locolizing Kill Messages

Normal Kill Messages (Lord Ka-Ching killed (some player name here)

Right click any blank space,Add Route Level Scope,name it game.Right click it,Add Scope,name it infomsg.Then right click that

and add a new key and name it killed,locolize any way you want.i did it like this %s OWNED! %s (note,you need those 2 %s',as

they are variable for the game to read.)

Killed Himself Message (Lord Ka-Ching killed himself)
Right click infomsg and add a new key and name it sucide.I put this:
%s Comitted Sucide!(note,you need the 2 %s,as it is a variable for the game to read.)

Teamkilled Message (Lord Ka-Ching killed (some player name)-[TK]
Right click infomsg and add a new key and name it teamkill.I did this: %s freakin teamkilled!(note,you need those 2 %s',as

they are variable for the game to read.)

it should look something like this:

Why have you said the same things thee times now? They call that bumping.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

October 17, 2009, 07:32:51 AM #2 Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 07:45:22 AM by kaching335
it glitched on me

EDIT:Thank you Hardcore

Fixed.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

October 17, 2009, 12:31:43 PM #4 Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 07:19:29 PM by Buckler
That's okay, I have had that at times on other forums. Never here though, very strange...

I did include the localization folder I used in the Main Play Mod with my re-release of the assets here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DNYTXDKT

Edited by buckler:  Links broken, if anyone has these files, please let me know and we can put them up here.

This could be used to help those who don't quite know what goes where.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Sorry for posting after 30 days but the core.lvl tool doesn't work, where do I download?
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder