Question??

Started by ~PFE~ Sam / Ply1, February 27, 2015, 02:19:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I have a question swbfgamers :) !
The autoinstaller = people just need to download it and get the game working via internet ??
they do not need to replace their battlefront.exe ?
they do not need to get the 1.2 patch version ?
thanks !  :wizard:

Read my post or watch my video.

If they have 1.0 they should upgrade if they ever want to play Jabba, but if not, you would have 1.2 with 1.0 sides in single player with no Jabba.

Also, auto installer doesn't work with windows XP.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

but I wonder if that would be a good idea to make an auto installer where people just need to download it and get directly gamemaster working including 1.2 patch without doing anything.

Quote from: ROYAL on February 27, 2015, 04:33:41 AM
but I wonder if that would be a good idea to make an auto installer where people just need to download it and get directly gamemaster working including 1.2 patch without doing anything.
That would be "stupid", if im allowed to use that word, because if u do not upgrade to 1.2, as Led said, that player will have issues playing in 1.2 if u just replace the exe (no Jabba would mean not being able to join some servers)

Not to mention that the shell.lvl file from 1.0 is completely different from the 1.2 one, and this might give lots of problems (at least with passwords)
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

I believe he want to find a way to have the 1.2 patch include the modification to gamemaster, as in : one .exe installs both the patch AND the gamemaster fix.

[spoiler=majesty]jsuis désolé mec, j'ai pas pu bosser sur ton image j'ai été très occupé par mes examens d'étude depuis la fin 2014 :([/spoiler]

Syy m'a répondu yayyyy !!!!  :moo: :moo: :moo:
tkt , quand tu as le temp :)

He wants this so it is easier for software pirates, which I will not support.

I have never really gotten the v1.2 patch to work so this would be good for me, how is it helping pirates?
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

I disagree with helping pirates as grounds for dismissing this idea, for two reasons:

1. It helps non-pirates too
2. Many (most?) torrents I've seen are 1.2

February 27, 2015, 02:35:54 PM #9 Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 02:39:01 PM by Led
Quote from: Joseph on February 27, 2015, 02:29:52 PM
I disagree with helping pirates as grounds for dismissing this idea, for two reasons:

1. It helps non-pirates too
2. Many (most?) torrents I've seen are 1.2

If they have 1.2, then they only need the Gamemaster patch.  It does not get any easier than the auto-installer.

What percent of non-pirate players have 1.0  and have not already upgraded?

For those that do have 1.0, it is not difficult to get the 1.2 patch and then the Gamemaster patch.  It is a non-issue.

If anything, it would be more confusing for people to have a 1.2 upgrade autoinstaller+ Gamemaster patch in addition to the Gamemaster patch.  (We would also have to deal with all of the languages localizations, which is already done for the various 1.2 version updates.)

This is just Majesty being Majesty.

Quote from: {TCE}Call-of-Duty on February 27, 2015, 02:15:05 PM
I have never really gotten the v1.2 patch to work so this would be good for me, how is it helping pirates?

Did your game come on 3 CD's?  If so, you might have 1.0.  Otherwise, you have 1.2 already, and that is why the patch won't work.

I was never thinking about **** pirates  ;)
BUT!
I was only thinking about an easier patch, where people just need to download it and get directly gamemaster working, including 1.2 in different languages.
I dont know how to explain my idea exactly in english  :slap:

Quote from: Led on February 27, 2015, 02:35:54 PM
For those that do have 1.0, it is not difficult to get the 1.2 patch and then the Gamemaster patch.  It is a non-issue.
Agreed, I think majesty tends to assume people are more lazy than they really are.

February 27, 2015, 03:57:54 PM #13 Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 03:59:45 PM by {Alpha}Pvt.Drunken_Master
I don't know, I had a hard time getting the gamemaster patch to work consistently.  No idea why.  I keep my hosts file ready for the next time it fails. 

I think LED's commitment to not support piracy is admirable.  Is combining update with patch much different, piracy-wise, than sharing the modded exe?  Personally, I feel they are about the same.  And I feel that if whatever has been figured out is put into an easier package, I think it encourages more people to play.  I think only 1 of my kids has the ability and patience to figure out how to make it work by himself; the others would get distracted before they figure it out. 

That said, I don't have a lot of free time to create things like that these days, and if I do, I want to spend it playing   ::)

A Battlefront v1.0 GameMaster patch can be uploaded if needed, but it looks like everyone is on 1.2 now. If we could patch 1.3 for no CD I would host the [FC] servers there.