If servers are a problem... What then?

Started by Red04SWBF, August 04, 2019, 03:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi all,

I don't host neither pay for any server in SWBF1, but I know how useless it is for the people who have to pay each month for a server where only 1 or 2 players join each week and don't get the most out of it either because some they prefer to start the game in another server or call others to fill such a server. I'm going to give you an example: it's as if I joined a crowded server and suddenly I invited a few (or directly everyone) to play on another server, and you're the server owner. It wouldn't bother you? Of course, but I would also think that it is "something unstoppable" because we cannot force people to join a specific server, we're many scattered IPs in one place on the Internet. :XD:

What seems nonsense to me is that there's people who don't assume the above phrase and prefer to go Plan B, which is nothing else than blaming the neighboring server because it always has the most players. What I come to say is... Everyone is free to play wherever, whenever and however they want, and although it may seem incredible to some, you cannot force anyone to play on a specific server, but you should not target to someone who's hosting a server and invites others to 'play' and 'have fun'.

And this isn't a matter of forcing, it's a matter of coexistence between groups of people, which has already been somewhat reduced by this nonsense.
AR Clan Discord: https://discord.gg/gmmSm5e | Star Wars: Battlefront - 20th Anniversary (2004-2024)

This seems like baiting for a pointless conversation, but I will bite anyway.

I, for one, have never asked anyone to leave a server that they were playing in to join another server. 

I have also refrained from going into other people servers to have pointless chats with them.

As I have always said, people are free to play in what ever server they want, and abide by the rules of that server. 

People are free to host whatever server they want, with an expected level of decorum related to their server titles.

Quote from: Red04 (CC-4398) on August 04, 2019, 03:03:15 PM
Hi all,

I don't host neither pay for any server in SWBF1, but I know how useless it is for the people who have to pay each month for a server where only 1 or 2 players join each week and don't get the most out of it either because some they prefer to start the game in another server or call others to fill such a server. I'm going to give you an example: it's as if I joined a crowded server and suddenly I invited a few (or directly everyone) to play on another server, and you're the server owner. It wouldn't bother you? Of course, but I would also think that it is "something unstoppable" because we cannot force people to join a specific server, we're many scattered IPs in one place on the Internet. :XD:

What seems nonsense to me is that there's people who don't assume the above phrase and prefer to go Plan B, which is nothing else than blaming the neighboring server because it always has the most players. What I come to say is... Everyone is free to play wherever, whenever and however they want, and although it may seem incredible to some, you cannot force anyone to play on a specific server, but you should not target to someone who's hosting a server and invites others to 'play' and 'have fun'.

And this isn't a matter of forcing, it's a matter of coexistence between groups of people, which has already been somewhat reduced by this nonsense.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Led on August 04, 2019, 03:12:30 PM
This seems like baiting for a pointless conversation, but I will bite anyway.

I, for one, have never asked anyone to leave a server that they were playing in to join another server. 

I have also refrained from going into other people servers to have pointless chats with them.

As I have always said, people are free to play in what ever server they want, and abide by the rules of that server. 

People are free to host whatever server they want, with an expected level of decorum related to their server titles.

It's not a trap, but an opinion. And it's not pointless as you think.

Me neither, but what harm does it suggest to someone to join another server? Is that really something offensive to blame someone? We aren't 24 hours a day asking people to join a specific server. So, what do people complain about? I don't get it.

Excuse me, but the last one who made such a title was precisely someone who accused us of forcing to play on the AR servers, and it wasn't a good thing...
AR Clan Discord: https://discord.gg/gmmSm5e | Star Wars: Battlefront - 20th Anniversary (2004-2024)

Quote from: Red04 (CC-4398) on August 04, 2019, 03:34:10 PM
Excuse me, but the last one who made such a title was precisely someone who accused us of forcing to play on the AR servers, and it wasn't a good thing...

You were the last one that I saw that made a title name in poor taste.

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

You are complaining about a problem that we have already "resolved" and this argument was the cause between the parties.  It doesn't need brought up again.  The only thing that SWBFgamers staff is going to fix is inappropriate server names, not interpersonal relations.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Quote from: Led on August 04, 2019, 03:38:46 PM
You were the last one that I saw that made a title name in poor taste.

You're right.

Quote from: Dark_Phantom on August 04, 2019, 03:48:13 PM
You are complaining about a problem that we have already "resolved" and this argument was the cause between the parties.  It doesn't need brought up again.  The only thing that SWBFgamers staff is going to fix is inappropriate server names, not interpersonal relations.

Then explain to me at once why it seems to you that we annoy the players. I don't think so, your way of seeing this is not really good.

Firstly I would like to say that it really annoys me when you're in a server with several players and one person says 'who wants to go to another server' or 'let's have a 2on2'. I know it's selfish of me but full servers are so rare I hate it when a good game gets broken up. I know that's not the issue here, I just wanted to get it off my chest. ;)

Back on topic... Personally I don't mind if there's a good game in one server and someone comes to your server and asks you to join. Sometimes you haven't noticed a fuller server and I'll usually pick player numbers over a specific server. Except cloudcity - that's the best...

Having said that, I only need to be asked once and I can understand why people don't want to be asked to leave their favourite server so a bit of restraint is needed sometimes.

My vague analogy is that if someone's alone in a restaurant it's nice to invite them to another one but if they're sitting down enjoying themselves don't keep asking them to leave when the staff have made them a lovely... Um.. Meal.

In short I'm tired and making no sense but we're extremely lucky to have so many servers and people supporting them for such an old game so lets just appreciate what we've got and play together, wherever that might be.  :cheers:
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)