Star Wars: Jedi Knight Retro Fun

Started by SleepKiller, October 18, 2011, 12:11:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I recently brought the Jedi Knight collection off Steam and I must say I am having a blast playing through them all they are great fun with good stroylines to much. And at only $19.99 for the complete set a very worthwhile investment. If you got some spare money and are looking for some good fun I would definatly reccomend them.

What are your thoughts on these brilliant games?

I used to play those games all the time until i scratched my disc  :( .   Its a shame theres never been a sequel no 'modern' games have come close to the lightsaber combat in Jedi academy. They could even bring back those cut scene actors from the first games (I still think they were just developers in fancy dress).  :happy:
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Mm, I love the live action cut scenes even if the CGI is terrible.

Played the first one and loved it.

Weren't they supposed to be the sequal to to the Dark Forces series?

I think LucasArts classofys Dark Forces as part of the Jedi Knight serias.

I think you play as Kyle Katarn in all the dark forces/jedi knight games (except for jedi academy where he only appears in some missions).
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Mm, Kyle = ownage the sromtroopers never stand a chance.

The stormtroopers were probably just staring at his beard.  :happy:

Jedi Knight 2 is one of the best games I've ever played. It's massively underrated as a brilliant FPS etc
I spent way too much time on the multiplayer too...

I know it's an old topic but I got to agree, I certainly wish there was a game that would try to get that kind of combat into newer games. I can recall playing most of my mulitplayer games in straight duels on Jedi Knight Outcast, dueling was such a nice feature.
photobucket limit image removed

I saw distinctly remember how "open" online gameplay was, there were modes for all players that didn't resort to being cheap or gimmicky.
I was deeply saddened by how much the community had died after I came back to it after not playing it for 2 or 3 years.