Downloads

Started by Dbiz, September 10, 2011, 12:22:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
it does'nt seem i have the programs to access the downloads on this site.  if anyone knows of a free program(s) that would allow me access to the downloads it would be much obliged. 

thanks

Uhhh, a web browser so basicly the thing you are using to post on this website.

I don't want to state the obvious but are you logged in when you look for the downloads. If you can download them but not use them maybe you need a program like 7zip (its free).
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Yes, you need and extractor like 7zip, but it depends on the file extension (such as .rar). If there's a particular extension you can't open look on Google for an appropriate program, that's where I go!

thanks for the recommendations,  i have installed 7zip and have downloaded some maps to a file.  after right clicking on the icon 7zip gives me some options so.........which one do i pick?

sorry i am new to pc gaming, and pc in general.  like i said iam a ps2 gamer just trying to broaden my horizon

You must extract the files :D

Edit : I think it would be nice to have new smileys, some doesnt work...

September 10, 2011, 10:02:22 AM #7 Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 10:05:12 AM by Dbiz 1617
ok its extracted.  now what?  :$

You need to copy the files you downloaded to the addon folder. For me it's: my computer - hdd (hard drive) - program files - lucasarts - battlefront - game data - addons (it might have a folder called tat3 in it). I usually just drag from one window to the other. Then you just start the game and the maps should be there.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

• If its a new map :
Programs \ LucasArts \ Star Wars Battlefront \ GameData \ AddOn

There is a folder called 'tat3' its Tatooine Jabba's Palace map.

• If its a side modification :
Programs \ LucasArts \ Star Wars Battlefront \ GameData \ Sides

Look at the name of the file you downloaded, and seek a file with the same name in your Battlefront folders, just replace it with the new file.

And remember to back everything up before you make changes !

well....i did as i was instructed and copied the Utapau map next to the tat3 in the AddOn folder.  launched the game but did not see the map in insant action.     :'(

pehaps iam not cut out for this

Star Wars Battlefront is automaticly saerching for the script named addme that should be in the utapau folder if it is not then there is your problem. No script no map. The reason from there not being a script is probably caused by the fact that you copied the wroung file, if there is another folder named utapau in the origonal utapau folder cut that file (CTRL+X) go into Addon you should have put the origonal folder in there and paste the cut folder.(CTRL+V)

Yes... just make sure the folder your pasting is has the "Data" and "addmescript" files  inside.

That is good you know the location of the tat3 in the AddOn folder. Remember that every map you place in the AddOn folder should have similar files and folders in the same location and order. Some maps will have extra folders like its own sides folder. Don't be alarmed if there is only one or two side factions in the folder. Think you have a good start now.