download problems

Started by {PLA}gdh92, August 23, 2011, 12:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi I just downloaded the PLA mod map night files but i can't move them to the add on folder or acess them (even the readme) the only option that shows up is 'extract all' but when i try this it says acess to compressed (zipped) folders is denied and that i need to change permissions. I've had this problem with some other map downloads. I'm using vista and have 7-zip if this is needed.
Any help would be appreciated.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

i had this problem. instead of using 7zip for zip files (7zip is mainy meant for 7z archives) and instead of extracting them with windows explorer's extraction wizard thing, i just dragged them out of the folder and i could use them.
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

Thanks but I can't click on them at all. I only get options by right clicking near them.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

maybe the location you are trying to extract them to is protected some how.  Try extracting them to your desktop, then move them to addon.

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Thanks to both of you but i just tried downloading it again the normal way and it all worked fine. :slap: