SWBFSpy Installer (SWBF1, English)

Started by SleepKiller, May 05, 2019, 02:12:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
May 05, 2019, 02:12:41 AM Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 08:50:54 PM by SleepKiller
SWBFSpy Installer (SWBF1)

https://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1486

A simple tool to assist in installing SWBFSpy, it'll do it's best to locate your SWBF install for you (regardless of if you have disk, Steam or GoG), backup the original executable you have (renaming it to "battlefront.exe.backup") and copy in the SWBFSpy executable.

To use it simply extract and run "SWBFSpy Install.exe".

I have barely tested it and it's been adapted from my Shader Patch installer but it should get the job done. The sourcecode is included as well for those curious, feel free to adapt or make improvements to it.

I've updated this to now also install the stock English "shell.lvl", so you can actually open the MP games list. It should go without saying but this will only work for the English version of the game. (Which I believe all GoG and Steam regrettably offer at this stage.)

Thanks, but it doesn't work for me, it's just black screen with the mouse cursor of the game, its the graphic, I can move it, but that's all it's happening. I've checked if backup is still working and it does, backup works just fine, thank God for that. GOG release is latest 1.3.7.4 (40999)
I'm ~PFA~ Lord Satan, I love killing you on the battlefront and then devouring your souls for eternity :o

I'm a part of Lord Majesty's skillful clan of leaders.

Quote from: codergames on May 01, 2023, 08:26:38 AMThanks, but it doesn't work for me, it's just black screen with the mouse cursor of the game, its the graphic, I can move it, but that's all it's happening. I've checked if backup is still working and it does, backup works just fine, thank God for that. GOG release is latest 1.3.7.4 (40999)

This was never meant to patch the GoG version of the game...
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

It says:

Quote from: SleepKiller on May 05, 2019, 02:12:41 AMSWBFSpy Installer (SWBF1)

...it'll do it's best to locate your SWBF install for you (regardless of if you have disk, Steam or GoG), backup the original executable you have (renaming it to "battlefront.exe.backup") and copy in the SWBFSpy executable.

To use it simply extract and run "SWBFSpy Install.exe".
I'm ~PFA~ Lord Satan, I love killing you on the battlefront and then devouring your souls for eternity :o

I'm a part of Lord Majesty's skillful clan of leaders.

Quote from: codergames on May 02, 2023, 07:56:46 AMIt says:

Won't hurt to ask nicely, will it? ;)
Besides, it asks for your local SWBF folder. Maybe you chose another location? Just tested and it did work for me.
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com