Odf items not appearing on the test map

Started by Drakov64, January 18, 2020, 02:14:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello there !

I wanted to try Zero Editor again, 10 years after my first failures, to try making some things for me and maybe the community later.

10 years ago, I know I could set up some things like vehicles, turrets, props, these kind of .

Right now, it seems it is half working.

I'm on the basic map that's shipped with the 4 CPs, relearning the ways of ZE. All I want is : add turrets, vehicles, props, custom assets DLed on the interweb (right trying with Teancum's CIS Supertank), then trying to customize sides for factions, mostly to add B1 for the CIS on some maps.

So, first thing, when I go to the tur sides folder where lie ODF and MSH files for all of the game's turrets, it seems that when, saved, munged, and tried, the only turret that seems to work is the laser turret, the basic one.
Not the mortar, guided rocket, beam, geonosian or hoth ones appear, only the laser one. M'kay...
Then I try adding a simple Republic IFT tank. ODF and MSH files are in the map folder, I add the spawner close to CP1, bind the spawner to CP1, rep_hover_fightertank as a tag in republicatk, add a control zone to the CP (inside which the spawn arrow lies)

Save, munge.

Try.

Nothing.

I'm wondering what the heck did I do wrong? Ten years ago I can't remember it being this complicated, I followed tutorials and everyhting, I'm doing exactly what is told, what am I missing?

I thank you for your help.

My goal would in the end be to overhaul every BF2&BF1 maps for BF2 by adding some stuff, modding sides, adding custom sides from the internet on every map to make them better and funnier than their vanilla counterparts and let people discover what modders do with their custom assets like teancum's supertank.

Just it.

Thanks for your providential help.

A lot of these turrets are going to have things like .msh.option files and other assorted things. Make sure you're getting all the additional files as well, including the .tga's. It may also be worth checking your .LUA's to make sure it's calling the TUR side.

My experience with BF2 doesn't extend beyond space, so perhaps there are others here that can give better advice.
"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence." -Dread Master Calphayus.

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

SWBF2 Maps: Space Carida.

Hey Ascertes,

first, thank you for your answer, secondly, sorry my late one.

Mmmhhh I see in the tur side folder that there are two important folders, ODF (so the objects), and MSH (so the meshes) along with a .req file, a REQ folder and an EFFECTS folder.
In the ODF folder I have many tur_weap_XXX files, called after every type of turret findable ingame. In the MSH folder there is not as many tur_weap_XXX files, so, what I'm wondering about is : must TGA and MSH files be called the same name as ODFs? If yes then, yeah I'm truly lacking files about this.

If not then I'm still wondering what is wrong.

Anyway Ascertes, thank you for your help!  Have one  :cheers: