Start up bug

Started by LBmyBB, November 27, 2019, 04:45:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
 I start up the game as normal, but for some reason it doensn't pick up my mouse until the big blue actual game screen. When it does get to the game screen, there's nothing to select. There's the word "back" in the bottom left corner, but I can't select it even if I click on it. Help?

Did you get the game from steam?  If so, I would redownload it - sounds like the shell file is corrupted.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

November 28, 2019, 09:02:25 PM #2 Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 09:30:38 PM by LBmyBB
No, I had my version before steam released it. I don't think steam would have anything to do with it. I did a fresh installation and I have the same problem. Literally a week ago it was fine and now it's not.

do you use a wireless mouse?
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

November 29, 2019, 08:18:36 AM #4 Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 08:22:18 AM by LBmyBB
Yes but I don't see how that would affect anything.  Heres a gif of what happens btw
https://imgur.com/M19sKLt
(just wait a few sec cuz it's black at first)

Are you trying 1.0 or 1.2?   (5 CDs?  or some DVD?)

Have you installed any mods after your clean install?  (i.e. SWBFspy patch)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Might need to replace your shell.lvl (need to know what version first) as well, after you answer Led's questions
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Quote from: Led on November 29, 2019, 09:32:18 AM
Are you trying 1.0 or 1.2?   (5 CDs?  or some DVD?)

Have you installed any mods after your clean install?  (i.e. SWBFspy patch)

Um no I don't think so. I think it came with it, as well as swbf2 maps. But guess what. I ran the "swbf1launcher.exe" and then started working perfectly. I actually have no idea what is going on.

Hi Guys,

I am having the same problem as LBmyBB, but I have Battlefront 1 on steam. I have tried reinstalling it and restarting my computer, but nothing has worked so far. I do not have any mods downloaded, and I downloaded it on my laptop and it works there, so I do not know why it would not work on my desktop. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.