Need someone with OSX to help test a couple things

Started by SleepKiller, March 25, 2014, 07:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Message me or post here if interested. This is important work. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Just download this and put it into your Addon folder like any other map. (If the folder you put in Addon doesn't have addme.script in it you're doing something wrong ;))

Run your game. (If it crashes tell me. It shouldn't if this works how it is supposed.) After running your game look in the folder where ever SWBF's executable is on OSX. Tell me if a file called luatest.txt has appeared.

Thanks for doing this.

Nothing crashed, keep in mind I'm not running the Aspyr SWBFI. I'm using my port. (I don't think anyone even still uses that Aspyr version).

It all did exactly as you said and there was a very obscene message waiting for me in the Gamedata folder. You disgust me! [spoiler] :happy:[/spoiler]

Quote from: Kit Fisto on March 27, 2014, 05:34:22 PM
Nothing crashed, keep in mind I'm not running the Aspyr SWBFI. I'm using my port. (I don't think anyone even still uses that Aspyr version).
Ah, it's actually the Aspyr version I need tested.

SK, there is no Battlefront.exe file in the Aspyr version of the game. Nothing resembling it or any .exe file.

Why would you like this tested on the old Aspyr port? I'm positive almost no one uses it. I haven't used it in a couple years.

Quote from: Kit Fisto on March 27, 2014, 07:46:28 PM
SK, there is no Battlefront.exe file in the Aspyr version of the game. Nothing resembling it or any .exe file.

Why would you like this tested on the old Aspyr port? I'm positive almost no one uses it. I haven't used it in a couple years.
I didn't say Battlefront.exe did I ;) I said SWBF's executable, if the native OS X port really doesn't have an executable file I'll be surprised and you're PC is most likely infected with ghosts. I've never used OS X myself so I don't know what the actual file format is. If you could test it on the native port that would be great. I'm trying to avoid what happened with The Battle Royale and it crashing on OS X.

Quote from: SleepKiller on March 27, 2014, 08:01:46 PM
you're PC is most likely infected with ghosts.

I knew it! All this time...
Kit, I suggest you hold a séance and attempt to establish what the computer ghost wants.

I'm sorry but I don't have a computer that runs SWBFI Aspyr version. I took it apart. :shrug: