swbf-unmunge - v1.1.1

Started by SleepKiller, July 06, 2017, 10:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
For anyone who is interested I've posted a new major(?) release of the tool. Still not 1.0 but it's getting there, see GitHub for a surprisingly (to me at least) changelist.

Quote from: JTN on July 27, 2017, 10:40:34 AM
Now the the tool export the mshs but it looks weird ,It seems as if it had been crushed,For example this is supposed to be the emperor
I can't actually see that picture but I took a guess at what the problem might be, found and fixed it. (At least in most cases for SWBFII models at least, SWBF1 is another story.

July 28, 2017, 11:39:53 AM #46 Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 11:51:44 AM by Delta-1035
Quote from: SleepKiller
I can't actually see that picture but I took a guess at what the problem might be, found and fixed it. (At least in most cases for SWBFII models at least, SWBF1 is another story.

Let me post a working image of the bug:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
This should be a clone trooper.

Quote from: SleepKillerFor anyone who is interested I've posted a new major(?) release of the tool.

Thank you!

EDIT: The new version does not work for me, I'm using it the same way as the previous one and with the same lvl files - it gives me the "has stopped working" error when trying to load files. (win7)

July 28, 2017, 01:07:34 PM #47 Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 03:15:03 PM by RepComm
Updated GUI for 0.5.0 release! You can get it here:
https://github.com/RepComm/SWBFUnmungeGUI/releases/tag/0.5.1

This version is compatible with swbf-unmunge.exe v 0.5.0, as it uses the new <option>s
Next release should include backward compatibility.

-File Browser implemented (with multiselect), which is nice if you can't drag'n'drop.

Thanks for the sweet update SK!

Quote from: Delta-1035 on July 28, 2017, 11:39:53 AM
Let me post a working image of the bug:

This should be a clone trooper.
As of the latest version it should only be happening for models munged by SWBF1's tools yeah?

Quote from: Delta-1035 on July 28, 2017, 11:39:53 AM
EDIT: The new version does not work for me, I'm using it the same way as the previous one and with the same lvl files - it gives me the "has stopped working" error when trying to load files. (win7)
Darn. I'm not sure how to do about debugging this one sorry. Some quick testing on part suggests that the tool dislikes leading '/' on file paths.

So this didn't work for me,
"./bin/release/swbf-unmunge -file /bin/release/test/rep.lvl -version swbf"
but this did,
"./bin/release/swbf-unmunge -file bin/release/test/rep.lvl -version swbf".

I really don't know how to approach this sorry aside from throwing random suggestions out there. You can always post your command line and I can try to mimic your folder layout and such and then see what happens. (I suspect it could also be a problem relating to Windows 7 and if that's the case I really am stumped as I don't have a copy handy to install on a VM and test or anything.)

Quote from: RepComm on July 28, 2017, 01:07:34 PM
It seems like you've done what I do all the time and get two similar things confused. The platform input switch is on the wrongside of the UI, that or your labeling is incorrect. Other than that tiny thing, nice work.

It seems like you've done what I do all the time and get two similar things confused. The platform input switch is on the wrongside of the UI, that or your labeling is incorrect. Other than that tiny thing, nice work.
I appreciate your tactfulness! You're completely right, and I've rebuilt the project with that fix. Same link applies.
--
I have also discovered that I am actually running/waiting/reading from the executed command in the GUI's thread (Swing), which makes the gui unresponsive while it's waiting. This doesn't break anything of course, but I'll be using a library I made a while back to dispatch the execution in another thread.

July 30, 2017, 03:02:59 AM #50 Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 03:09:33 AM by Delta-1035
Quote from: SleepKillerAs of the latest version it should only be happening for models munged by SWBF1's tools yeah?
Nope, v.4 did that on swbf2 models.

Quote from: SleepKillerDarn. I'm not sure how to do about debugging this one sorry. Some quick testing on part suggests that the tool dislikes leading '/' on file paths.
So this didn't work for me,
"./bin/release/swbf-unmunge -file /bin/release/test/rep.lvl -version swbf"
but this did,
"./bin/release/swbf-unmunge -file bin/release/test/rep.lvl -version swbf".
I really don't know how to approach this sorry aside from throwing random suggestions out there. You can always post your command line and I can try to mimic your folder layout and such and then see what happens. (I suspect it could also be a problem relating to Windows 7 and if that's the case I really am stumped as I don't have a copy handy to install on a VM and test or anything.)

I'm usign the same line that worked fine with the previous v3.2 and v.4.

" desktop\test\swbf-unmunge -file desktop\test\***.lvl "

Still v5.1 crashes on me, even with the GUI :(

I'm attaching a screenshot with the error info, I hope it will be helpfull.

Hi, I have no idea if it will help, but when you use my GUI, all files get converted to absolute drive paths (including unmunge executable location). It may or may not solve your issue. I don't speak c++ error language.

I've posted a new version of the tool. It features cloth support and override texture support. (Also bug fixes and a couple other minor changes.) I'm closing on the point where I'll be pretty happy with the state of the tool and will slap v1.0.0 on it. If anyone has any suggestions or requests that I haven't seen yet feel free to let me know, depending on the complexity/difficulty/interest factor of it I might do it before labeling the tool stable and moving on.

Quote from: Delta-1035 on July 30, 2017, 03:02:59 AM
The screenshot is helpful as it tells me (after some Googling on Windows exception codes) an access violation is causing the crash. It happens with every .lvl you try right? I will try to mess around with some key things I changed from 0.4.x to 0.5.x and see if I can find the problem. No promises though, I really am not setup to help debug these things but I will give it a good shot.

Quote from: SleepKillerThe screenshot is helpful as it tells me (after some Googling on Windows exception codes) an access violation is causing the crash. It happens with every .lvl you try right?
Yep, it happens with every lvl. Still no luck with 0.5.2.

Quote from: SleepKillerI will try to mess around with some key things I changed from 0.4.x to 0.5.x and see if I can find the problem. No promises though, I really am not setup to help debug these things but I will give it a good shot.

v0.3.2 worked fine for me while v0.4 didn't, maybe you should check the changes from 0.3.2 to 0.4

I'm happy that you'll try to give it a look, I'd love to have it working again, thank you!

I've posted a... strange new version of the tool. It adds alternate modes of operation for it, so instead of reading and "unmunging" a file it now has a mode that will explode it into it's child chunks, it then has a counterpart mode that let's it reassemble that same file after edits have been made. See GitHub for usage info and documentation.

Quote from: Delta-1035 on August 01, 2017, 10:57:08 AM
I'm so confused. I don't see anything that could be causing an access violation in the changes from v0.3.2 to v.0.4. I could try sending you a build of each commit (there are only 9) for the changes from v0.3.2 to v.0.4, you would then be able to help me pinpoint exactly what change caused the problem. Bit of an extreme option, but lacking a copy of Windows 7 myself I'm not sure what else to do.

A fine example of the "it works on my machine" problem.

Still in 0.6.0 I have invincible models :confused:

Quote from: RC-1138 on August 03, 2017, 05:17:10 AM
Still in 0.6.0 I have invincible models :confused:
Well it would be very surprising if v0.6.0 fixed problems you were having with models since none of it's changes were fixes for them.

You need to provide me with more information otherwise I can not help. I get that english may not be your first language so I get that it may be difficult for you to do. But in short I need to know the following.

What context is the model not showing up in? In SWBF Viewer? XSI? Zero Editor? Or Ingame?

What model are you having trouble with?

Where did you get the model from? (What .lvl it came from.)

I'm so confused. I don't see anything that could be causing an access violation in the changes from v0.3.2 to v.0.4. I could try sending you a build of each commit (there are only 9) for the changes from v0.3.2 to v.0.4, you would then be able to help me pinpoint exactly what change caused the problem. Bit of an extreme option, but lacking a copy of Windows 7 myself I'm not sure what else to do.
A fine example of the "it works on my machine" problem.
Yeah, I was wrong, sorry, v4 actually works fine!

Quote from: Delta-1035 on August 04, 2017, 12:42:09 AM
Yeah, I was wrong, sorry, v4 actually works fine!
All good!

As I said I have no copy of Windows 7 to test with so I can only take guesses as to what is causing it.

My first one is the way the tool is saving files. I've attached a build that has all the changes from v0.4.x to v0.6.x except it saves files using the C++ standard API (the way it was doing it in v0.4.0). If you could quickly let me know if this fixes it for you that would be great!

Any new interest in the voices? :)