Way to make it so dead bodies don't despawn?

Started by Bluetothestars, January 16, 2021, 01:55:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Is there a mod or even a way to make it so dead bodies don't despawn? I just thought about it and it seems like it'd be a cool mod, to make it work a bit better the bodies could be walked through so the AI isn't bumping into them all the time.

I remember there was a code for fake console to make this unfortunately I don't remember where I found this

It seems the issue they ran into was no respawning for that unit.
My concern would be running out of the hard coded memory pool. Theres only allowed to be so many bodies on the field at a time.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Quote from: Dark_Phantom on January 16, 2021, 12:51:49 PMIt seems the issue they ran into was no respawning for that unit.
My concern would be running out of the hard coded memory pool. Theres only allowed to be so many bodies on the field at a time.
What if all the reinforcements spawned in at once? That would probably fix it.

January 18, 2021, 01:12:49 AM #5 Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 05:42:43 AM by Giftheck Reason: Spelling mistake. Serves me right for typing on tablet not long after waking up
That would most certainly overload the game.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

January 18, 2021, 01:26:34 AM #6 Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 01:28:28 AM by wsa30h
yes that might even crash the game.
mods and maps in progress:<br />--Bf1 expanded edition 3.0 version
-- bf1 tcw battles
-- bf1 seasons mod season 1
-- bf2 expanded edition tbh