New way to play SWBFI online? (not Tunngle)

Started by Kit Fisto, April 07, 2013, 05:09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Wow, truely awesome that this actually works. It just seemed to good to be true!
You guys probably saved Battlefront from extinction for at least another year!
Anywho, screenshots using SK's batch file attached.

I can't seem to get on the servers, even after joining 2 or 3 times and letting it load for about 15 - 20 seconds.
That's probably just me though.

Again, ecstatic work people, very awesome!

I have port forwarded on the NFO server firewall, but pings are still 9999. Hosts and exe updated too.

Repcom, you can try the port forward to your firewall, it might let you join then.

Step 3)
- Open Windows Firewall with Advanced Security.
- Go to: Inbound Rules -> New Rule ->
- Paste these numbers into the port box: 28910, 29900
- Click TCP and next
- Allow connection for everything (as checkboxed by default), then name the rule SWBF1TCP
- Make another New Rule, this time only type the number 28910, and set this to UDP, then name it SWBF1UDP.
- Repeat the above steps for Outbound Rules as well.

When finished you should have port forwarded 28910 TCP and UDP, and 29900 TCP, for both inbound and outbound rules. See this image for reference: 

Ok apparently I have to use the hex edited battlefront.exe or else it stays at 0% busy. If I hex gamespy.com to openspy.net then it goes up to 100% and shows the servers. IDK why this isn't  the case for other players though.

I thought maybe it was custom resolution launcher, but it's not. I am not sure what the cause is, but Wolf is working on a battlefront.exe patcher for clients who have the stuck on 0% busy problem.

Thank you Phobos, that worked!

I'm getting a little hyper with all this, lol.

Quote from: Phobos on April 28, 2013, 09:52:45 PM
Ok apparently I have to use the hex edited battlefront.exe or else it stays at 0% busy. If I hex gamespy.com to openspy.net then it goes up to 100% and shows the servers. IDK why this isn't  the case for other players though.

I thought maybe it was custom resolution launcher, but it's not. I am not sure what the cause is, but Wolf is working on a battlefront.exe patcher for clients who have the stuck on 0% busy problem.

Mine goes to 100% using either the hosts file or hex edited exe method. Anyhow, it's really playable for me even though Starkiller and myself ping 250+ the hit registration still is good. Would still be awesome if we can get that 9999 ping to reflect an actual ping value. But I'm guessing it has to do with that fact that the servers can't ping the Openspy backend quick enough to show a ping value of sorts.

My tutorial is finished. Led or SK let me know if/when you want me to post it here. It contains download pack link to the updated client and server executables (no CD). I'll upload the fix pack here as well if that is convenient.

I don't know if some of you are aware of the following setting, but if you edit your server .ini's APP_COMMAND_LINE_BASIC line to :

APP_COMMAND_LINE_BASIC=/win /norender /autonet dedicated /resolution 320 240 /nosound /noaim /tps 30

then you turn off gamepad aim assist and to set a better framerate for players. I've tried it just now and my framerate was much more smoother when I played on my own server. The tps refers to the frame limit, although I haven't tried 60, but I don't think it will interpret anything higher than 30.

I read about it over here: http://forums.creativematrix.net/topic/1310-hosting-swbf-with-pc-dedicated-server-software-and-invincibility/

April 28, 2013, 10:58:29 PM #97 Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 11:01:19 PM by Phobos
Quote from: StoneCold on April 28, 2013, 10:53:21 PM
I don't know if some of you are aware of the following setting, but if you edit your server .ini's APP_COMMAND_LINE_BASIC line to :

APP_COMMAND_LINE_BASIC=/win /norender /autonet dedicated /resolution 320 240 /nosound /noaim /tps 30

then you turn off gamepad aim assist and to set a better framerate for players. I've tried it just now and my framerate was much more smoother when I played on my own server. The tps refers to the frame limit, although I haven't tried 60, but I don't think it will interpret anything higher than 30.

I read about it over here: http://forums.creativematrix.net/topic/1310-hosting-swbf-with-pc-dedicated-server-software-and-invincibility/

A few more I use

[CMD]
COMMAND_LINE=/nointro /nowait /nostartupmusic /nomovies /noframelock /showallsessions /showallservers /fixedfunction

[IN_GAME_RESOLUTION]
WIDTH=1920
HEIGHT=1080   

Also noframelock gives you more than 30 frames (smoother) but you might get black spike bugs in which case I don't recommend using it.

Thanks to everyone who's working on this it's good to see battlefront could get a new lease of life.  :cheers:
I've had a look around but can't get mine working yet (using Sleepkillers download and the ports Phobos said to forward as well as turning of my firewall), it just freezes on 0% trying to find servers.
I expect that I'm missing something obvious so hopefully some kind person will post a tutorial soon. :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on April 29, 2013, 10:13:52 AM
Thanks to everyone who's working on this it's good to see battlefront could get a new lease of life.  :cheers:
I've had a look around but can't get mine working yet (using Sleepkillers download and the ports Phobos said to forward as well as turning of my firewall), it just freezes on 0% trying to find servers.
I expect that I'm missing something obvious so hopefully some kind person will post a tutorial soon. :)
It's so strange, all of the sudden, it just stoped at 0%, I've already got it working before...
I wonder if I did something wrong.

Is this port forwarding done correctly? It's been a long time since I did any. They are disabled in the picture, I enable them to test. :)
[spoiler][/url]
how to take a screenshot on a pc][/img][/spoiler]
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on April 29, 2013, 10:13:52 AM
Mine also freezes on 0% every time unless I am using the hex edited client EXE. I will post the tutorial soon as Led has given the ok.

Quote from: Phobos on April 29, 2013, 04:17:49 PM
Mine also freezes on 0% every time unless I am using the hex edited client EXE. I will post the tutorial soon as Led has given the ok.
Okay, thanks Phobos.

I still wonder how it could work one second, and then not another..

My game occasionally freezes, randomly on the server lobby screen. Also the gamestats aren't showing, even server stats not showing.   

I'm going to try a few more hex edits before releasing the tutorial and patched executables.

I was playing around with the BF2 Gamespy Login Emulator and found that it picks up any login attempts that I tried to make in SWBF. The reason why it didn't want to work, is because I don't have MySQL setup on my main PC, as it wants you to create a database into which it can store usernames and passwords. So, I'm almost convinced that OpenSpy.org works with something similar to this.

End of last year I was also playing around with the BF2142 server emulator and got that working. I don't have a lot of time on my hands now, but I'll see what I can get working in the next day or so.If anyone else wants to have  a crack at it, please feel free to drop me a pm  :D