I Cant Get The Custom Launcher To Change Resolutions

Started by InfernalShadow, October 17, 2017, 05:10:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
October 17, 2017, 05:10:52 AM Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 05:13:20 AM by InfernalShadow
No matter what I've done i cant seem to get Battlebelks launcher to do what its supposed to do. I just want to run the game in my screens native resolution which is 1920x1080. I've patched the game to 1.3 and put the 2 files the launcher and the INI file in the GameData folder and edited the ini file to set the resolution. However when i run the game using the launcher provided it never switches to 1920x1080 even when entering a match. I even tried running it as admin and trying compatibility settings. Stays in small resolution even when i set the game to run in windowed mode. So in short I've exhausted my options and decided i try here and see if anybody can help me.

PS. I've watched the most recent video on this launcher and how to set it up. Still couldn't get it working.

Specs : Windows 10
             4.0ghz Intel 4790k
             GTX 970
             12GB Ram
             Battlefront "Non Steam Version" patches installed 1.2 1.3   
Deploy, Scout the target, Plant the beacon, Watch the fireworks...

"SC-442"

res changer is for swbf1.   Is that what you have?
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

October 17, 2017, 07:03:13 AM #2 Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 07:05:34 AM by InfernalShadow
Yes currently playing battlefront 1. As i prefer it with mods over battlefront 2 feel on gameplay. Plus i like the ability to go prone.

"SC-442"

So does anybody have any useful info?

Maybe I should try installing battlefront outside of program filesx86 and try the launcher again? If so.... how would I go about patching the game in a custom location. Cause I think the patch programs are automated and will not patch the game unless it's in the pre assigned install location.

Or does it not work cause windows 10 doesn't agree with battlefront in general.

"SC-442"

The resolution changer is not automated.  The SWBFspy patch can be installed manually.

I can't say for sure why the resolution changer is not working correctly for you.  I think it is not set up correctly.  Also note that your vidmode.ini file maybe have been dumped into USER/APPDATA and so forth.

October 19, 2017, 10:09:48 AM #5 Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 10:20:04 AM by InfernalShadow
I was refering to the patches for the actual game being automated. The ones Lucasarts put out back when the game was still being updated. As such i cant decide where it chooses to install to files.

Also i have to put a command line in to get the game to run in windowed mode. I cant use Alt+Enter to do the same. And then when its in windowed mode windows wont let me resize the window. It literally keeps the mouse cursor stuck inside the window. I can provide screenshots if necessary.

As far the resolution launcher goes. Any idea what i may or may not have messed up upon installation of the files? 

"SC-442"

You can use ALT+TAB to get out of the game window while it is in windowed mode and run another application.  Then click on the game window to go back to your game.

1.2 update requires the game be installed at its know location.  You can always copy that installation.  You may have to use regedit to point it to the correct new location.

I don't know why your resolution changer is not working.  I know you have seen my video.  It should  really just work the same way.

Quote from: InfernalShadow on October 17, 2017, 05:10:52 AM
No matter what I've done i cant seem to get Battlebelks launcher to do what its supposed to do. I just want to run the game in my screens native resolution which is 1920x1080. I've patched the game to 1.3 and put the 2 files the launcher and the INI file in the GameData folder and edited the ini file to set the resolution.

Specs : Windows 10
             4.0ghz Intel 4790k
             GTX 970
             12GB Ram
             Battlefront "Non Steam Version" patches installed 1.2 1.3   
Are you trying to use the 1.3 executable with the resolution changer? If so, that is likely the reason why it isn't working. The patch will likely only work for the 1.2 executable not 1.3. Revert back to it if you know how or install the SWBFSpy battlefront.exe.

October 20, 2017, 03:58:06 AM #8 Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 04:01:39 AM by InfernalShadow
Yes I've been using the 1.3 version of the game with the resolution launcher. I'll try it with 1.2 and report back.

@Led It literally doesn't let me Alt+Tab. I can sit there smashing the keys and it stays in either windowed mode or fullscreen. It's like windows has locked the program into a certain resolution and it wants it to stay there.

PS. I meant Alt+Tab in my last post. Sorry for the incorrect term.

"SC-442"

I am very happy to report it was indeed patch 1.3 causing the resolution launcher not to work.

Game now runs in 1920x1080 and it looks amazing. I can't thank you guys enough for helping me with this problem.

I've been struggling with this issue for better part of 4 years now ever since i got my widescreen monitor. It drove me nuts every time i booted up the game.

So... once again thanks "Led" and "Sleepkiller" for all the assistance you've provided so #### happy now!  :cheer:

::Note:: Somebody should put out a notice just in case somebody somewhere has the same issue i had.

::Note:: Also was there ever a NOCD patch for this game if not its not important.

"SC-442"