How to convert a ObJ player model in a working msh file?

Started by Javitolo98, May 19, 2017, 07:32:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I  wan't to create a side mod with some good models ,i know how to munge a side folder with mshs ,ODFs and reqs in to a .lvl file but i don't know how convert a 3d  model in a working msh(everything with a  skeleton and cloth colission),Did you know if is there any good tutorial?  I just wan't to replace the stock models so it's no necessary create new animations

You need to learn how to work with XSI Softimage 7.5 with the ZE TOOLS Plugin to be able to export the model in to msh.Have in mind that if you dont know how to work with XSI there is no other option.

It seems to be a elaborated process,well no one said that is easy, i will learn about it, did you know if some one released all of the Battlefront 3 jedi on msh format? i would appreciate it .

Quote from: JTN on May 19, 2017, 12:53:00 PM
It seems to be a elaborated process,well no one said that is easy, i will learn about it, did you know if some one released all of the Battlefront 3 jedi on msh format? i would appreciate it .

No,no one yet converted them into msh files.I think El Fabricio is doing that.I also have plans of doing it but right now focused on making a map :D

I tried it and it's obvious that i have not idea of XSI i tried importing the bf3 clonetrooper msh converted by anakin but deleting it except the bones and putting over the bones  another model and something heavy happened (ignore the incorrect body texture ,that is not the main problem)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5i8RkaXdKiLVmNsTk5RSUkwUWc/view?usp=sharing

What i have to do in the model?

Heh.  All ears.   ;)

It appears to be a skinning issue.  The texture must be mapped onto the model.  The TGA files for existing units may not map properly onto new units.  There is a skinning tutorial on the site, but there may be a way to deal with this in ZETools.

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

i imported the model in blender and the texture problem happens too, it is because the head and the body are united, i have to separate it to solve the texture problem, and what about the fact that the character don't move? what i have to do with the skeleton? i imported other msh models and they have a colour points, what is that?

This colored parts of the model are enveloped to the bones taht are used by the game to move your character.Thats the most important thing you must do in order your model to move.You need to learn that if you dont know how.After that you just export and your are done.

I undestan it, finally i found a good tutorial in video in gametoast,my intention is create a side mod similar to battlefront evolved with battlefront 3 and force arena models, if everything goes well i promess release the assets here. But at the moment this is the situation:
Expectation
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5i8RkaXdKiLcW5lRXZiUTRFY00/view?usp=sharing

Reality
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5i8RkaXdKiLVmNsTk5RSUkwUWc/view?usp=sharing