Author Topic: SWBFdepot is now open!  (Read 387 times)

Led

• Administrator
  • The Chosen One
  • The 82nd Element
  • Awards Special Award for players of the EA Reboot of SWBF Special Award for those that play the original SWBF
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
  • Tunngle ID: _PLA-Led
  • Origin ID: plaled
SWBFdepot is now open!
« on: April 08, 2017, 10:00:27 AM »
SWBFdepot.com is a file storage service with similar functionality to dropbox--but just for the SWBF1/2 community.

Modders and asset compilers can request an account from me to upload their assets to a private folde, then create anonymous share links to their assets/maps/etc.

What you should know:  I host this from my home with a QNAP home server.

What this means:
  If it goes down, it could be from a power outage at my house or it may mean my IP address has changed. Let me know if it is not accessible--if my IP address has changed, I just need to update my DNS record and all will be back to normal.

This also means that all transfers count against my data limit for the month, so I ask that you don't make mass downloads to back up the file server.  I will back it up locally, so it will be a safe system.

Finally, this also means that you will not be bombarded by advertisements when you just want to get an asset.

For asset uploaders:  The asset link will need to be modified for the correct port number.  There appears to be a bug in the QNAP software that inserts a wrong port.  Just let me know and I will help out.

Thanks to DEVISS for uploading a bunch of assets already.

I have a 10 year lease on the domain name www.SWBFdepot.com, so these assets will be around for a long time.  I can renew it again in 10 years if SWBF/internet/computers as we know them still exist!  After that, well, I will be a pretty old guy, but we can talk about that later  ;)

« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 04:09:49 PM by Led »

Led

• Administrator
  • The Chosen One
  • The 82nd Element
  • Awards Special Award for players of the EA Reboot of SWBF Special Award for those that play the original SWBF
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
Re: SWBFdepot is now open!
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 02:24:41 PM »
To create a share link:

step 1:  select file, right click, create share link
step 1a:  optional, set password or expiration setting for link
step 2:  create link with 192.168.1.201:8080
step 3:  very important--replace 192.168.1.201:80xx with www.SWBFdepot.com:8080

step 4:  if you request it from me, you can connect a remote mount to dropbox or other remote system--select remote mount
step 5:  choose a supported system and transfer your files

The link must look like this format:  http://www.SWBFdepot.com:8080/share.cgi?ssid=0N4wQRy

notice that is it NOT https and the port number MUST be 8080
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 08:49:21 PM by Led »

Led

• Administrator
  • The Chosen One
  • The 82nd Element
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2017, 02:31:06 PM »
and if you forget a link, click on share link on the left, as in this shot.  You will need to use www.SWBFdepot.com:8080 plus everything after that.

Led

• Administrator
  • The Chosen One
  • The 82nd Element
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2017, 04:10:29 PM »
how to upload files, click on the up arrow as shown in this screen shot

Led

• Administrator
  • The Chosen One
  • The 82nd Element
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2017, 04:48:11 PM »
How to change your password.  Go to upper right corner of screen as shown in the screen shot.

Led

• Administrator
  • The Chosen One
  • The 82nd Element
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2017, 08:52:42 PM »
QNAP software now supports a remote mount to Dropbox and some other services.  Contact me to set up an account at SWBFdepot.com  and share assets :cheers: