Please post in this thread if you get the message
"Your CD key is not authorized"

Please let us know:
-what operating system you were using
-approximate time and date
-if anyone else may be using your CD key
-what server you have trouble with
-anything else you think is relevant

Gamemaster is programmed to accept all CD keys, but there is obviously something going on.  We do not have the latest source code, so this may never get resolved, but we can look into it.

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I had this issue. It happened when I tried to join the SWBFGamers.com Cloud City Server at 9:00 pm CT on 6/7/2016.I am using windows 8. I have my original CD key and no one else uses it.

I was able to join the server, but only after running "CDKey.exe" (in the Install folder) in administrator and entering in my original CD Key.

Thanks for setting up this thread.
Most recent one:

20160605 around 11 ET.  4 players here tried to join GGR public server no one else was on.

Can join:
Win7 64,
win 8 64
win 10 64

Last one to try cannot join using Win 7 32

Tried an eBay CD key as well as 3 different keys on the underground list of 20 that normally work.  Switched to Alpha server and all were able to play.  Tried GGR public today (20160607) in the same order; asked 32 bit to join last and he was able to play this time.

sometimes this happens without anyone even using the cd key (it can simply be a bug)
usually what I've tried is keep joining with different names, restarting pc, getting an admin to restart his server or changing cd keys.

CLICK THE IMAGE AND IT WILL TAKE YOU TO THE STEAM GUIDE.

Quote from: (IGF)SueKrueger13 on June 08, 2016, 10:53:11 AM
sometimes this happens without anyone even using the cd key (it can simply be a bug)
usually what I've tried is keep joining with different names, restarting pc, getting an admin to restart his server or changing cd keys.
We're aware of all that, but we wanna find out the exact problem.

Getting someone to reboot the server is complicated. If I had like 8 players and someone wouldnt be able to play, I'd feel sorry for that person, cause what I'm looking for is people to play, and they might stop playing there if the server is restarted...

And same goes to the cd-key changing thing, but people do not wanna purchase them anymore...
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Quote from: Anyder on June 08, 2016, 10:58:09 AM
We're aware of all that, but we wanna find out the exact problem.

Getting someone to reboot the server is complicated. If I had like 8 players and someone wouldnt be able to play, I'd feel sorry for that person, cause what I'm looking for is people to play, and they might stop playing there if the server is restarted...

And same goes to the cd-key changing thing, but people do not wanna purchase them anymore...

my clan server had an automatic daily restart during the night. at about 3 or so in the morning would be fine I think, since people would be asleep?
of course some EU people might be around but still. if you ever do try doing that just to see how it goes, maybe add an automatic admin announcement saying the server restarts at XX time. just a suggestion :)

Edit by Anyder: no piracy discussion please

Quote from: (IGF)SueKrueger13 on June 09, 2016, 03:35:09 PM
my clan server had an automatic daily restart during the night. at about 3 or so in the morning would be fine I think, since people would be asleep?
of course some EU people might be around but still. if you ever do try doing that just to see how it goes, maybe add an automatic admin announcement saying the server restarts at XX time. just a suggestion :)
All my servers have that. They are restarted automatically at 6am berlin time, and even in the weird case they dont get restarted for some reason, i reboot them myself at 10am.
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Quote from: Anyder on June 09, 2016, 03:52:14 PM
All my servers have that. They are restarted automatically at 6am berlin time, and even in the weird case they dont get restarted for some reason, i reboot them myself at 10am.

that's good :)

Is the thought that rebooting the server will or may help with this CD key problem?  To what extent?   If so, is there good evidence ?

Quote from: {Alpha}Drunken_Master on June 09, 2016, 06:19:29 PM
Is the thought that rebooting the server will or may help with this CD key problem?  To what extent?   If so, is there good evidence ?

I don't think it is related to the game server.  I have gotten the message back in the gamespy days when my playing CD was dirty.  I think it is somehow related to the master server--perhaps a dropped packet or something.

latest one 20160610 23:30 MT  swbfgamers. com rhen var

working players  are win 7 32 and win 10.  noticed all night the win 7 32 player's name does not show up in the game list

a new win 7 32 joined.  CD key not recognized.  could be the same as one of the other two players.  Grabbed the list of 20 from the underground, changed it , and it worked.

No conclusions yet, still gathering data. Or trying to.

ICW6 game 1, Yavin Arena around 20:02 ET June 24, 2016.    Player {Alpha}Dino unable to join do to CD key error.  Tried 5 different keys from the master list, changed his name, and rebooted PC.  Three other players on same LAN were able to join.  Told one local player, c0c0, to get out of game.  Dino still unable to join.  Dino took over c0c0's machine and was able to play after a delay of game.  Heard that  a GGR member also had trouble but was able to join eventually. 

Both c0c0 and dino are running winodws 8, same APU but different motherboards.  Other players are me (Win 7 - 64) and GGR Hotsauce (win 10?) different CPU's.

Map changed to Tatooine Jabba, and after game was over, Dino left c0c0's PC on and left his player on map for a few hours after everyone left.  I was able to join with my PC as usual.  Went to Dino's original problem PC and got the same CD key error.  Now please understand, only me, and Dino on c0c0's PC were on map, and this is different than the earlier Yavin map (but same ICW6 server) and he still got the CD key error.  I quit dino's instance on c0c0's PC, and FINALLY Dino's original PC was able to join.  Then I was able to get him to rejoin on c0c0's PC also.  So now it is working on all 3 machines. 

I made Dino's original PC quit the game with c0c0 still logged in, then try to rejoin.  CD key error again.  So it is not the key, but maybe has something to do with other factors of who is logged in and when?  I checked and his names are spelled slightly different on both machines.  I then quit his game on original problem PC, restarted, and was able to join again and again with both other PC's also on. 

Back on original problem PC, quit and was unable to rejoin twice with CD key error.  Waited a few minutes and tried again and got the CD key error.  Installed wireshark, it didn't see the interface. Rebooted and wireshark disappeared.  reinstalled and was able to watch interface.  Started battlefront again.  able to join 5 times in a row. 

(may keep trying, may not)

June 25, 2016, 07:09:20 PM #12 Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 07:13:10 PM by {Alpha}Drunken_Master
UPDATE:  Oven suggested a missing windows registry as a possible cause (I think after talking to Bomber).  For some reason, the problem PC in this last case was missing the key entry in the registry.  Note that it worked sometimes.  The other machine in question I can't check because it was wiped clean recently but it is very possible that it also was missing the registry entries; I think I was in a hurry that time and copied it over from the backup.   Worked most of the time!

PS two of the machines here wound up using the same key, never a problem.

I think there is a CDKEY.exe that you can run to enter a key into the registry.

This may explain why I have never had any problem with my game...I actually have installed it from CDs/DVDs  :P

Quote from: Led on June 25, 2016, 07:16:21 PM
I think there is a CDKEY.exe that you can run to enter a key into the registry.

This may explain why I have never had any problem with my game...I actually have installed it from CDs/DVDs  :P

My friend had the same issue. It fixed it by doing that.
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123