SWBF 3 - Gamemodes

Started by Ultimo, December 18, 2014, 04:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Let's discuss the Gamemodes we'll be seeing in SWBF3...

I think it's pretty straight forward that we'll be seeing at least 3 familiar gamemodes in SWBF3, those gamemodes being...

- Conquest
- Team Deathmatch
- Capture the Flag

But, what else will we be seeing? I think I've got some ideas...

- Carrier Assault: In SWBF3, this will probably be a very large scale Space Battle, and it might not have any infantry fighting- Only Starship versus Starship, in an attempt to destroy the enemy's Carrier. I'm hoping that both Carriers will have onboard turrets that players can use, and I'm hoping that each Carrier will have shields that need to be destroyed.
- Chainlink: This a fun mode, and requires a team to capture command points in simultaneous fashion, creating links between each adjacent point. The team who has the most adjacent points drains the enemy's tickets faster, but one team capturing all points will not end the game or take spawnpoints from the enemy.
- Squad Deathmatch: This is generally a close-quarters mode, and small squads of 4-5 players will fight against 3 other squads until one squad comes out with the most kills. It's very fast-paced, and any player should be very tactical and willing to cooperate with the rest of the squad to win.

That's what I'm seeing in SWBF3 when it comes to Gamemodes. There are probably more, and I will probably add to the list later.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Here's what i'd like to see:

• Conquest: Pretty much unchanged from SWBF1 & 2. Maybe with a few tweaks and more units.
  • Team Deathmatch: No CP's, no vehicles, no heroes, just infantry.
  • Assault: Massive point-based space-to-ground battle with lots of units, multiple destroyable capital ships and usable ship cannons. Command posts on the ground will still be captureable, but you will not be able to achieve a command post victory until the enemy's fleet is destroyed.
  • Dogfight: Basically, TDM with starfighters.
  • Hero Assault: Self Explainatory.
  • Siege: In which one team defends a lone command post while the other team tries to take it.
  • Survival: You, other players and maybe a small number of AI must survive an unending onslaught of enemies for a set amount of time. You will have a small number of reinforcements.
  • Hunt: Like in SWBF2.
  • Order 66: Unlike how it's portrayed in most SWBF2 mods, it would be a 3-way conquest match between the Republic, CIS and Jedi. All three would be playable.

Like ^

I would love to see Dogfighting, I honestly wasn't a huge fan of the space maps. Hopefully I'll love the next iteration!

Survival sounds like CoD Zombies, which could also be really fun.

Order 66 would also be an interesting gamemode!

I also hope they do some single player aspect, I loved the Halo campaigns and would love to see a new Star Wars campaign :)

Here's what I'd do:

ALL PLAYERS:

-Conquest: Tickets and CPs as in the first two games.
-Assault: Provides space-ground gameplay with a points-based system ALA the original intentions of SWBF3.
-Space Battle: Take to your ships and attempt to destroy the enemy's capital ship.
-Hero Assault: Self-explanatory.
-Hunt: As in SWBF2, though perhaps tweaked in some way.
-Survival: You get waves of enemies and you have to survive.
-Galactic Conquest: a board game-styled mode whereby you try to win the galaxy. I'm thinking somewhere in between SWBF2 and SWBFRS.

SINGLE PLAYER:
-Campaign

MULTIPLAYER:
-Deathmatch: Pick your unit. Get as many kills/points as you can.
-Team Deathmatch
-Capture The Flag
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

I'd like galactic conquest, too. With it I'd like to see upgrade-able fleets, blockades, and superweapons.

I think CTF would be cool, but with something that makes more sense than a flag.

There is one guy that have the original FREE RADICAL Battlefront 3 and he told me that that version (the canceled) was having a Galactic Conqest mod for Multiplayer.One player versus the other player.I want something like that.he also told me that there was even 2vs2 for Galactic Conquest and also cross eras like Republic and Empire versus Cis and Rebels for Galactic Conquest Multiplayer.So ye i want something like that in DIce Battlefront.