Who will be playing on PC?

Started by aeria., October 27, 2013, 09:56:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Browsing through the threads I got a question:

Anyone getting this on PC? It seems like a good number of you guys are running off laptops and old PCs. (Particularly the can you run it thread. I'm surprised that site still exists.)

I built a PC to play BF3 and it's a great experience but if you guys will resort to console it will sway my purchase.

I want to play the new swbf with the OGs. :)

#TYBG

I refuse to get the new Battlefront on console. I'll have a new computer by then as well so I hope to purchase it.

October 28, 2013, 04:37:30 AM #2 Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 05:00:26 AM by {Alpha}Gold Man
Hoping to get a better and more powerful computer (still debating over laptop/desktop), to play the new Battlefront. This laptop I have is a pile of junk really, though it seems to amaze me at the games it can play, and the games it can't play. Either way, I hope to have a powerful computer at least a few weeks before the game release (thinking about pre-ordering it too :D).

Why no console some might say? Because of these two reasons:

1. I don't got a whole lot of money to blow monthly (meaning I wouldn't be able to pay for Xbox Live)
2. I don't got a screen to myself besides my computer/iDevices/cell phone (Would hog the TV WAY too much)

PC or die
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

I'll get it on PC (probably with anew graphics card) so I can play with all of you. :)
I might get it on PS4 as well if there's splitscreen.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

I would get it first on PC but then get it for 360 or if i suddenly found on the side of the road 500 bucks, a One
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Long term plan is to get a Macbook (Air maybe) and run bootcamp to play. Or I might get lucky and get a Mac port!

If the game doesn't look appealing to me than probably not gonna buy and stick with SWBFI/SWBFII (if I still play games!)...(that's a lot of "ifs")

Man this is someting i just dont know about yet. I was thinking of actually getting a console when this game rrleased so i could play with my friends. At the same time the community, addons (probs not a factor in this game), and control options make playing on pc really fun. Plus would want to play with all u swbf players. I might just get the game forboth???. Ill have to check back in a year and decide.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion          -Fear leads to anger
Through passion, I gain strength              -Anger leads to hate
Through strength, I gain power                -Hate leads to suffering
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me

Quote from: {TCE}Call-of-Duty on October 28, 2013, 06:43:33 AM
if i suddenly found on the side of the road 500 bucks
This happnened to me when I went to return the uhaul that I had used to move in the beginning of the month. It was a good day.

I'll opt for playing it on the piano

I suppose I might have a gaming PC by then, if not I'll attempt to run some kind of bootcamp majigger on my Mac.

If it requires a gaming pc to run i will be a very angry person. Lucky me, ill have a console backup *shudder* should i ever need it.

Quote from: Kit Fisto on October 28, 2013, 08:01:03 PM
Long term plan is to get a Macbook (Air maybe) and run bootcamp to play. Or I might get lucky and get a Mac port!

If the game doesn't look appealing to me than probably not gonna buy and stick with SWBFI/SWBFII (if I still play games!)...(that's a lot of "ifs")

I doubt a macbook air will fair well with frostbite 3 engine. Macbook Pro should probably run it if you crank down settings. Apple really don't want to commit to adding GPUs above mid-range.

---------

The amount of people getting on PC makes me hype! 2015 is so far away...

#TYBG

Quote from: aeria. on October 30, 2013, 06:48:25 PM
I doubt a macbook air will fair well with frostbite 3 engine. Macbook Pro should probably run it if you crank down settings. Apple really don't want to commit to adding GPUs above mid-range.

Agreed. You'll probably have a way better chance getting the latest iMac though, at least, I think. Laptop-wise, you'd be better off with a Razer/Alienware laptop. Or some immensely powerful laptop from another developer that compares to Battlefield 4's specs at least.

or you can get a Parallel Desktop with Windows 8 and play BF3 and Battlefield 4 on a Mac Air
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."