More Gamespy

Started by aeria., December 14, 2012, 07:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Time to add more fuel to the fire.

It took a while to reach major blogs due to gamespy being a small scale operation now but anyway here's the go-around:

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/12/14/gamespy-multiplayer-server-shutdown-result-of-failure-to-pay-by/

gamespy says they aren't paid. they cut service. LucasArts chooses not to inform the players.

So we now point our finger at LucasArts. Who's to blame we don't know, but at least we know why the servers were cut.

because of MONEY.

#TYBG

I think this was hinted at from the beginning, on Facebook, Gamespy mentioned that Lucasarts had stopped supporting SWBF, and that could be taken to mean Lucasarts just stopped paying their service fee to Gamespy. Whether Lucasarts stopped paying the fee recently, after their acquisition by Disney, can't be known, but that still remains a possibility.
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever

omg  :rant:
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

The person from Gamespy I was E-mailing also said that LucasArts were to blame.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Could we pay the bill instead of Lucas Arts? Im sure we have to get Lucas Arts permission and pay gamespy some extra cash so they can pay the cost of keeping the servers up and then some, but I think we could pay to keep the servers up.

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Quote from: Josh on December 15, 2012, 05:23:38 AM
Could we pay the bill instead of Lucas Arts? Im sure we have to get Lucas Arts permission and pay gamespy some extra cash so they can pay the cost of keeping the servers up and then some, but I think we could pay to keep the servers up.

Although Gamespy Tech and Glu have responded to us, I don't think that LucasArts has ever responded to us what-so-ever.  Feel free to try!
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Maybe if we get the people from the other games that went down we can make one big massive E-mail...

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Quote from: Josh on December 15, 2012, 05:38:30 AM
Maybe if I get the people from the other games that went down we can make one big massive E-mail...

TWITTERBOMB THEM! DO IT! :XD:

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on December 15, 2012, 05:38:56 AM
TWITTERBOMB THEM! DO IT! :XD:
Lol...
And uh, guys, there are more games out there with multiplayer, you can use VLAN solutions for SWBF if you need, and anyone that can get that mad over 1 game, needs to get a life.....
It has been funny to watch though.

Unless someone somehow manage to transfer the rights to someone responsible enough to hold it (perhaps Led or someone else familiar with hosting servers), gamespy will continue to be dead.

And even if that hypothetically happened, that someone would have to pay those expensive server bills.

And donations won't cover it. Ask jedikiller.

#TYBG