Throwback night

Started by aeria., November 05, 2012, 09:15:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
After hearing about GR rarely being active... this calls for a throwback night!

Due to the lack of an Intel port, I'm curious: How many people on this forum are mac users vs pc users?

I really want to do a throwback night of either:
1) A round of Cloud City no bots no command points
2) An awesome host providing awesome custom maps to play on. Consistent custom map games with 10+ players is something I couldn't find on PC (4 years ago, can't judge about now). If anything, those servers would be empty.

I haven't played in three years but I'm installing the PC version right now :)

Some of the older mac players remember playing those two game modes. While not everyone liked cloud city, it was the best way to keep the pace in games. The maps were kept small and not capturing any command points meant you had to respect spawn points (to a certain extent) and it focused all the action of killing.

As for custom maps: They're fresh content so it's awesome.

For nostalgia sake and for the newcomers to have a taste of how GR was, can I get some players who are interested?

If there's more mac players than pc players I might install leopard and install the mac version. It's something I'd be excited to participate in!

-ag

Then there's the OG throwback of doing rockets only as that was the only class used before the era of snipers that became added to the mix. But I want to do cc no bots no cps!!

#TYBG

As you all know I'm a Mac user. To my knowledge there are about 8< Mac users. But MANY of players.
As of the current players who play swbf you would probably have better luck on the pc side...
But for the Mac side...
I'm all for this! I sure hope we can get more people involved. It's gonna take some doing.
We on swbfgamers.com have monthly direct connection games of mod maps, you just missed last weekends! :)

There are more PCs over MACs at the moment, but with what Kit found out you can play with PCs with your mac.
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios