Trade some Earbudz??

Started by MjrNuT, October 31, 2010, 03:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Yo!

Being the MAC players here in the only real game in town, are some of you interested in trading earbuds?

If you are, then put up what you'd like.  It's quite possible I can orchestrate transactions.

Feel free to add me on Steam as well.

I guess I can trade mine seeing how I don't play TF2 much. Last time I have even launched TF2 was when crafting was new.

With that said, just write quickly how it works and feel free to trade with whatever you utterly do not want.

#TYBG

Do yo need extra buds? :P

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

Quote from: ag on October 31, 2010, 05:54:14 PM
I guess I can trade mine seeing how I don't play TF2 much. Last time I have even launched TF2 was when crafting was new.

With that said, just write quickly how it works and feel free to trade with whatever you utterly do not want.

Bad ag, bad!!!  I won't write quickly how it works.   :P

TF2 is the only game, after 3 years, continues patches, development, content from VaLVe.  If you haven't followed it in some time, then here is a quick spiel.

It's an FPS game of 9 different classes.  Each one has it's own method of madness (ie., weapons and skills).  Numerous game modes called push, attack/defend, payload, payload race, capture the flag, invade ctf, and various other whacky ones or nonstandard.  Probably also the largest custom content community to compliment the above aspects covering maps, player skins, weapon skins, map decals, player sprays, particle effects, competitive, etc.

Major updates historically revolved around each of the 9 classes, to obtain achievements, new weapons, and attributes to those weapons.  All classes have been updated by VaLVe.  But some mini ones do occur yet still, by surprise.

Latest major update was for a Custom Content contest held on Polycount site.  The site conducted a contest for new items of all the classes.  The pyro, soldier, spy, Medic, Scout, and the Heavy recieved weapons and items from that contest.  As a result, the creators of that content also received royalty payments from VaLVe.

Other major updates include drop system.  This means that upon dieing, you find a dropped item, which is by random and covers weapons, hats, crates, and other assorted items.  The drop rate is fixed for every player on a 1 week scale (x number of drop/week).  Valve resets the clock every Thursday I believe.  When players amass items, those items may be crafted or combined together to make scrap metal.  The accumulation of such metal, or certain crafting recipes will obtain a particular (desired) item.  That crafted item could be a weapon that you want or an item like a Hat.  You may also smelt metal, meaning go backwards from Crafting.  Order is: scrap metal, reclaimed metal (3 scrap), refined metal (9 scrap). Smelting a Refined metal will yield 3 Reclaimed metal.  This might be important....for trading or a particular Crafting Recipe.

Trading has been implemented in the past month or so. This allows players to actually trade items between their backpacks.  A backpack is what contains all your items, even the ones you equip on your players to use ingame.  Every player's backpack is publically available to view online.  Trading involves an ingame menu (just start TF2, don't have to be on a server) where one person requests a Trade and you must accept it or not.  There are many ppl that initiate that you will not know.  Move your items to the trade slots and confirm the trade in 2 final steps to avoid any....mishaps.  You may also trade to someone without a return item.  Meaning 1 person provide an item(s) and the other person none.  Just confirm the transaction as-is and it's completed.

In addition to the Trading System is also the Mann Co. Store.  This is a place where players may also purchase items.  Yes, buying directly from VaLVe items that you might be able to attain from a random drop, a trade, or crafting recipe.  I believe...not all items are Craftable though.

I've got all kinds of stuff, but really kinda depends on what you would like to trade bro.  I can't remember what class you like playing..as that might be something to start from.  Know what I mean?

Quote from: Soap Mactavish on October 31, 2010, 06:22:09 PM
Do yo need extra buds? :P

Yup!

Sidenote:  Why is my post count incorrect???? (says 2 prior to this post)

I know how to play TF2. >.>

I just asked how the trading system works. Sorry to make you go through all of that trouble. :(

But yes, I will gladly trade those buds, I'll just log onto Steam more often.

--ag

#TYBG

Quote from: ag on November 01, 2010, 01:11:57 PM
I know how to play TF2. >.>

For the record...I didn't say how to play TF2.   ;)

Quote from: ag on November 01, 2010, 01:11:57 PM
I just asked how the trading system works. Sorry to make you go through all of that trouble. :(

But yes, I will gladly trade those buds, I'll just log onto Steam more often.

--ag

Since you said you hadn't launched TF2 since Trading was actually implemented and you hardly play...it seemed fitting to embellish!!

Login dude...evening time, after 9pm pacific for me.

[mergedate]1288718098[/mergedate]
bump.....   :moo: