The "Strange things" Thread

Started by Snake, April 26, 2012, 03:50:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: MileHighGuy on May 13, 2014, 09:58:07 AM
:rofl:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

They look like ants making an ant tower. Yes i was able to climb them to the top.

Are those AI? How did that even happen?
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever

May 13, 2014, 04:57:51 PM #92 Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 11:12:32 PM by Unit 33
Quote from: MileHighGuy on May 13, 2014, 09:58:07 AM
:rofl:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

They look like ants making an ant tower. Yes i was able to climb them to the top.
its wwzii, kill milehighguy he's the patient zero :mf:

Please refrain from posting in ALLCAPS - Unit 33
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

I got really excited thinking what could be done with a mod like that.... and then the end bit happened.   :(
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

May 17, 2014, 12:24:46 PM #95 Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 01:30:09 PM by MileHighGuy
I know!I was able to stack them like I wanted and they were not able to be pushed around. But they "explode" if you have too many together, killing troops nearby. It also really lags the map.

If anyone is wondering they are hover entities with a crate msh

EDIT: I think i might have fixed it... I got them to not lag or explode, but there are still some kinks

EDIT2: IT WORKS!! you can stack them, destroy them, and they block the movement of the enemy. The enemy also targets them!

Sweet! Memory pool sizes may need to be adjusted too. What's the odf's you used?
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

yes i had to add an entityhover memory pool. I started with the speederbike odf but heavily modified it. I also had to adjust the mshs so they arent created inside your guy's head when you fire. I will upload a pack soon.

May 18, 2014, 04:55:57 PM #99 Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 05:34:38 PM by MileHighGuy
anyone know why this is happening? It doesnt happen with sereja's droid, which I based this off of.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

if you cant tell the shield is rapidly turning on and turning off

EDIT: fixed it. addshield had to be positve.

DisableTime      = "10.0"
Adding this line to a grenade or haywire ORD ODF will temporarily disable enemy vehicles it damages for 10 seconds.

Wow that's neat..
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Can you get a vid or pic for us, this would be interesting to see.
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Along with that disabling vehicles, it would be nice to see if the disablement also forced the occupants out of the vehicle...
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

I could see some kind of emp grenade using that..
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder