Sniper with Dot in Crosshair

Started by Jedikiller, July 23, 2010, 10:36:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
July 23, 2010, 10:36:21 AM Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 12:13:09 PM by Buckler

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

how do i downlaod this?
>>>----Arrow------>
Say little when you lose, less when you win. :)

If you want to know where to put the file, go to the install location of the game and replace GameData/Data/_LVL_PC_/Common/Eng/common.lvl.  You may want to back up the original first, just leave it their but change the name and then move the new one there as well.

yes, this will work on-line (only you will see the dot, other players will not)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Customizing crosshairs is a double fold process. In the side weapon ODFs you have the reticule reference which is a stock TGA located in common/interface. You can adjust this, you can specify something custom, you can use a different stock reticule if you want. Then in the common custom interface you can modify or create your own crosshairs. Really easy to do if you are a beginner or intermediate modder. I see nothing wrong with using custom crosshairs, but some people consider it cheating.

you can use a different stock reticule if you want

Or you can change his name into the reticule you want.
Cutsoms crosshairs can help in different ways : easier to make headshots, to hit somebody far away..
Some tournaments consider them as cheats because they want the players to play with original files.

hey im havoing trouble installing this mod.. not sure why. could you help at all?
the given instructions dont seem to work for me

Please give us more details, what have you tried, what was the problem, and what version of windows are you using. 

Also, it would be helpful if you pasted the instructions into this post, too and let us know what causes you trouble.

Quote from: Syrion on June 03, 2011, 05:24:05 AM
you can use a different stock reticule if you want

Or you can change his name into the reticule you want.
Cutsoms crosshairs can help in different ways : easier to make headshots, to hit somebody far away..
Some tournaments consider them as cheats because they want the players to play with original files.

If the tournament prohibits modified LVL files then it would be a cheat, but not in regular unspecified servers. I think my custom crosshair improves headshots, but only at extremely long ranges. Actually, sensitivity I find to be a more important factor for sniping than the crosshair design. If anyone needs help with crosshair modifications feel free to pm me.

Thats why tournaments are very stricts,
In the last swbf1 ESL Cup, the admin team asked for an ingame screen, to show that we dont have crosshair modification, i understand that it can be funny to have different crosshairs, i also tried to put reticules like them ingame, but during official wars, i think the players have to come with the original files to be at the same level.

July 04, 2011, 02:06:08 PM #12 Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 02:11:28 PM by Zombie Hotel Developer
Lol. That is another reason I don't play ESL. Apart from euro ping, I feel that forcing people to use stock reticules is silly and unnecessary. That is just my opinion however.

This picture expresses my feelings about sniper mods

alright. im using windows 7 home premium 32 bit. the instrustions i follwed were:

if you want to know where to put the file, go to the install location of the game and replace GameData/Data/_LVL_PC_/Common/Eng/common.lvl.  You may want to back up the original first, just leave it their but change the name and then move the new one there as well.

these are the ones you provided. i have backed up common.lvl, renamed it as said and moved the other 1 there as well.

hope this helps

{WGS} Zach

I did not test all units, but it appears to work for me:
Double check your file copying.  Post a screen shot of your folder with file details and that could help us determine what your problem is.