Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (Formerly Star Wars Battlefront Legacy)

Started by Giftheck, March 07, 2016, 01:43:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
December 19, 2016, 01:17:35 AM #120 Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 01:19:26 AM by Gistech

She's getting close. Just need to finish the head and she'll be ready for rigging.

Also, I need to figure out how to upscale the AT-AT's skeleton to match: the AT-ACT is about 40% bigger than the AT-AT.  :o I have yet to decide what class this walker will be: it is certainly large enough to be a mobile command post but the AT-ACTs in Rogue One are cargo transports and not troop transports.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

Awesome model, good job! :cheer:
"When will you fools learn? No one escapes Commander Fox"
—Fox, after apprehending another criminal

https://media.giphy.com/media/2GjgvS5vA6y08/giphy.gif

These are the AT-AT's before they were remade by and Imperial Admiral before the Battle of Hoth right?
The years just fly past, don't they?

Quote from: Nyx on December 19, 2016, 04:46:56 AM
These are the AT-AT's before they were remade by and Imperial Admiral before the Battle of Hoth right?

No. These are AT-ACTs (All Terrain Armored Cargo Transport). They're different walkers meant, as the title suggests, for cargo transport instead of personnel transport. They're bigger than AT-ATs (which were also in service at the same time but none were seen during the Battle of Scarif) and not as heavily armed (they have a pair of MS-2 cannons only whereas the AT-AT has a pair of MS-1s and two Light Cannons), and they actually walk faster. But they are also slightly more unsteady: X-Wings can take them out if they target just one of their legs.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

Quote from: Gistech on December 19, 2016, 04:56:20 AM
No. These are AT-ACTs (All Terrain Armored Cargo Transport). They're different walkers meant, as the title suggests, for cargo transport instead of personnel transport. They're bigger than AT-ATs (which were also in service at the same time but none were seen during the Battle of Scarif) and not as heavily armed (they have a pair of MS-2 cannons only whereas the AT-AT has a pair of MS-1s and two Light Cannons), and they actually walk faster. But they are also slightly more unsteady: X-Wings can take them out if they target just one of their legs.

Isn't it in canon that the AT-AT's were re-designed before the Battle of Hoth so that the snow Speeders couldn't take them out by firing the lasers at them?

I don't know anything about that. They certainly had a radical redesign some time prior to TESB as they were originally larger and looked quite different (Pablo Hidalgo said that the weaknesses the prototypes exhibited were changed - actually, I don't know why Luke didn't just dash across the battlefield and cut their legs out from underneath them - they're still susceptible to lightsabers to the foot joints). AT-ACTs aren't really combat vehicles either. I don't think Snowspeeder blaster cannons are as strong as X-Wing blaster cannons anyway.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Yeah, but we did know that they had X-Wings on Hoth, just further away from the bunker, as seen after the battle.

December 19, 2016, 05:14:49 AM #127 Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 05:20:06 AM by Gistech
The X-Wings were needed to protect the fleeing transports from attacks in orbit.

Though, if I do a new Hoth map, I'll be having X-Wings and TIE Fighters in it. If I do one, it might be a Phase 2 map.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Can't wait to see that lumbering beast on the battlefront!

Just thinking off the top of my head but maybe since it's a cargo walker it can act like an ammo droid and restock nearby troops. I have no idea if this is possible to make though.

Quote from: Rookie 1 on December 19, 2016, 02:25:50 PM
Can't wait to see that lumbering beast on the battlefront!

Just thinking off the top of my head but maybe since it's a cargo walker it can act like an ammo droid and restock nearby troops. I have no idea if this is possible to make though.

Not quite, but I might be able to turn that idea on its head: perhaps the 'orbital strike beacon' becomes a supply drop beacon.
In Progress:

On Hold:

That would be awesome. It would make you feel like you're really supporting the advancing troops on the ground. Maybe you could even make the orbital laser beam look like a drop pod crashing.

I discovered something very cool. By combining your mod with the night hoth lvl, I made my own Twilight on Hoth experience!

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=476

December 20, 2016, 02:42:51 AM #131 Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 03:01:39 AM by Gistech
Finished texturing the AT-ACT. I just need to get the right texture for the sides of its head (it's still using a largely unaltered AT-AT texture ATM). I have since made a couple of alterations to the body mesh (primarily making it slimmer from the middle to the front).

I'd love it if there was a digitized version of the AT-ACT pictures from the Visual Guide as there are two showing the walker from the side.
In Progress:

On Hold:

i found this, maybe it can help you:

[spoiler][/spoiler]
"When will you fools learn? No one escapes Commander Fox"
—Fox, after apprehending another criminal

https://media.giphy.com/media/2GjgvS5vA6y08/giphy.gif

December 20, 2016, 03:33:03 AM #133 Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 05:16:40 AM by Gistech
That's actually from the visual guide, so thank you :). The size comparison chart would also be handy because that's a dead-on side shot.

There's a few minor details left for me to do on the head, then it's ready for rigging.
In Progress:

On Hold:

She's rigged up  :cheer:

From the front, she has a slimmer profile than the AT-AT. All this from my SWBFIII AT-AT conversion and a shamefuly low-poly DICE AT-ACT mesh that I had to practically rebuild from scratch (I used only the head and cargo containers).

Now I just got to figure out how to make her 40% bigger than the AT-AT.
In Progress:

On Hold: