Issues with gamemaster.

Started by Rayce, May 31, 2014, 10:25:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: CommanderAwesome on May 28, 2014, 11:35:58 AM
I have both [the exe's and modified host file], the games are showing up but I keep getting "your CD key is not authorized".
Quote from: CommanderAwesome on May 28, 2014, 12:45:10 PM
SWBF2: Fan Favorites I.

SWBF1: Best of PC

Also, I tried to join a game on SWBF1, but when the map finished loading, it said "Connection to host lost".
Continuation.
I use Windows XP.

Which issue is for SWBF (not SWBF2).   It really sounds like something on your end of things.  I can not believe they are checking for CD keys. 

My guess is that you have some other mod installed.  Remove all other mods and try again.

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

last sat of the month :D LED, make sure we get ts3 full :D

Add me on steam you piece of hairy wookie

Quote from: Led on May 31, 2014, 10:53:18 AM
Which issue is for SWBF (not SWBF2).   It really sounds like something on your end of things.  I can not believe they are checking for CD keys. 

My guess is that you have some other mod installed.  Remove all other mods and try again.

The CD key issue is SWBF2, the other issue is SWBF1.

Quote from: BOB.LION on May 31, 2014, 10:55:31 AM
last sat of the month :D LED, make sure we get ts3 full :D
Is that relevant?

why not :D

Add me on steam you piece of hairy wookie

There should be no checking of CD keys on this.  At least not that I could imagine.

As far as BF1 goes, please tell us if you have:
1.) Any mods installed at all.  Some things go weird with trying to play online.
2.) Any connection issues in the past with your ISP.
3.) Firewall that keeps you from connecting.  There is usually a Windows Firewall, and then your router may have a firewall.  Also, certain antivirus programs may cause issues if they believe that the connection to other servers is a threat.  I have heard of things like this in the past, but never with SWBF.

Also, LION, please stay on topic.  I know you are excited, but there is a thread for SWBF Days.  Thanks!
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

May 31, 2014, 12:56:26 PM #6 Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 12:59:43 PM by CommanderAwesome
Quote from: Dark_Phantasmagorical on May 31, 2014, 12:45:14 PM
There should be no checking of CD keys on this.  At least not that I could imagine.

As far as BF1 goes, please tell us if you have:
1.) Any mods installed at all.  Some things go weird with trying to play online.
None currently. Everything global is stock (except for unit's 2nd common.lvl), and all my addon folders are inactive (renamed).
2.) Any connection issues in the past with your ISP.
It's kinda slow sometimes, but nothing major.
3.) Firewall that keeps you from connecting.  There is usually a Windows Firewall, and then your router may have a firewall.  Also, certain antivirus programs may cause issues if they believe that the connection to other servers is a threat.  I have heard of things like this in the past, but never with SWBF.
Win firewall exeption added, Antivirus is System Mechanic Pro, using a Belkin F5D8053 N Router (I think, I know it's belkin, though).

Answers in bold.

Check your mission.lvl to make sure it is stock and make sure you have not removed tat3 (jabbas palace) from availability.

May 31, 2014, 03:25:48 PM #8 Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 03:32:41 PM by CommanderAwesome
Quote from: Led on May 31, 2014, 01:33:08 PM
Check your mission.lvl to make sure it is stock and make sure you have not removed tat3 (jabbas palace) from availability.
Everything is stock except Common.lvl and core.lvl. Tat3 has been added.

EDIT
Still doesn't work.

Then restore your common and core.  Those load up with map changes.

Quote from: Led on May 31, 2014, 04:18:56 PM
Then restore your common and core.  Those load up with map changes.
Still doesn't work...

Have you tried on tunngle?

And the results were the same?  Or different?

And have you tried all three methods with the original exe file?  And were the results the same or different ?

May 31, 2014, 05:53:43 PM #14 Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 06:00:21 PM by CommanderAwesome
Quote from: Led on May 31, 2014, 05:37:30 PM
And the results were the same?  Or different?
Exactly the same.

And have you tried all three methods with the original exe file?  And were the results the same or different ?
No, i'll try it on GameRanger.
Answers in bold.

EDIT
Tried a SWBF2 game on GR, it just went to a blank lobby. No SWBF1 games on currently.