Going To Attempt To Install Mod Tool 7.5

Started by Giftheck, April 28, 2015, 12:23:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm going to attempt to install Mod Tool 7.5 again and see if I can get it to run. Can I ask somebody to help me out with this? What I mean is: I have had several failed attempts at doing this before. Either I get an error trying to open anything in Mod Tool, or it fails to even start. If I post what's wrong as I experience it, can somebody help me fix these things?
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Quote from: Gistech on April 28, 2015, 12:23:01 AM
I'm going to attempt to install Mod Tool 7.5 again and see if I can get it to run. Can I ask somebody to help me out with this? What I mean is: I have had several failed attempts at doing this before. Either I get an error trying to open anything in Mod Tool, or it fails to even start. If I post what's wrong as I experience it, can somebody help me fix these things?

I can try to install it at the same time as you.  I have also had failed attempts, but successful ones, too.
What operating system are you using?
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit.

The first problem I have to solve is the installation running. My primary HDD has 1.5GB left ATM (this is where the installation puts its temp files) and I need a bit more room.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

April 28, 2015, 11:46:45 PM #3 Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 11:58:58 PM by Gistech
So, attempting install now.

I've had one error so far about not being able to unpackage a installation file as the process was already 'in use' before main setup and this cropped up so far:

[spoiler]Error 1403.Could not delete value C:\Windows\Installer$PatchCache|\Managed\b25099274a207264182f8181add555d0\8.0.56336 from ket Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.[/spoiler]

I'm on registering DLLs at the moment.

Okay, installation completed with no other errors to report, but it does require me to restart.
In Progress:

On Hold:

April 29, 2015, 12:45:32 AM #4 Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 01:53:44 AM by Gistech
In the words of Anakin Skywalker...

Quote from: Anakin SkywalkerIT'S WORKING! IT'S WORKING!

I can successfully import and the ZETools are installed. Now I just need to figure out the interface (I'm used to Metasequoia) and if I can do that I can finally convert those kitbashes I had done in Meta and exported to OBJ.

I get an occasional error and I have to start it a few times to get it to work and manually install the ZETools each time, but it works.
In Progress:

On Hold: