[info]SoftImage ModTool Keyboard Shortcuts and Tips

Started by tirpider, May 27, 2013, 12:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
May 27, 2013, 12:28:14 PM Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 02:49:33 AM by tirpider
10 incredibly useful keys to know about if you didn't already.

Pressing one of these keys enables the corresponding mode for the mouse.

Key Mode
---------------------------------
S view - track (drag)
P view - dolly (zoom)
O view - orbit

T select - vertex / point
E select - edge
U select - face / polygon
space select - object

X transform - scale
C transform - rotate
V transform - translate

info from :XSI Cheatsheet @ the Valve Developer Community wiki

I was so mad I could spit because I couldn't do simple tasks like move the view or rotate the model.  And while reading their documentation is best, a quick list of keys is really useful to have.

May 27, 2013, 12:30:17 PM #1 Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 01:30:00 PM by -RepublicCommando-
Lol, yeah. I learned most of what I know now from trial and error, the rest I have Sereja to thank for. :P
Eventually I figured out S + Right Click = move,  S + Left Click = Pan Orbit

Even the UV editor I had to go days with just being mad. But this certainly does help.

Feel free to add any Quick keys or key+mouse combinations that can help speed things along in this program.

I am hunting through tutorials and guides all over the place, and while very useful, they all seem to be tailored to folks that already have a background in CG work.

It took half a day to realize File>Save wouldn't work till I created a new project.  Almost broke a window on that one.

May 27, 2013, 01:24:41 PM #3 Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 12:59:32 PM by -RepubliqueCmdr-
Useless blabbering by my twelve year old self removed.

Nice simple ones.

Press 8 to pull up an explorer in a floating window.

Tap the spacebar while in any other mode to quickly return to "select object" mode.

Press and hold S while in any other mode to enable the pan/dolly/rotate mouse controls, and let go to return to the tool you were using before.