Can't See Server or load Gamespy?

Started by {212th} Ldr. Norris, November 07, 2012, 01:32:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Id pay for swbf server to stay up.

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

I dont think we should have to pay, we bought the game, but I would too

http://www.gametracker.com/search/swbf2/

This Shows that BF1 on average ranks higher than BF2 on a PS2.  5 and 10 are the ps2 servers.  6, 9, & 7 are are the BF1 servers.  they both are/were GameSpy supported. it looks like people are able to join the other servers.

Why they puled the plug on this game (if so being the case) is beyond me.  :slap:

November 07, 2012, 09:00:00 PM #79 Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 09:05:15 PM by Buckler
This is probably just a glitch in the system.

However, thanks to Phobos, we can play tonight using Tunngle.

Start downloading it now :)

Look for instructions soon.

Instructions:

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?board=11.0
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Darn I missed something exciting again didn't I?

November 08, 2012, 04:18:57 AM #81 Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 04:23:12 AM by aeria.
Kit Fisto: SWBF has a small, unnoticed community compared to other games out there so don't get ahead of yourself. I highly doubt we're number 1 i gamespy's servers. Not only that but gamespy became so downsized and almost insignificant to the gaming industry as a whole that it was sold to a mobile gaming company that doesn't even mention gamespy anywhere in their website or forum.

I'm assuming it's just down temporarily but if it remains to be down indefinitely, I wouldn't be surprised. Not many people would've thought there we be a MP community for a game that hasn't been supported by its developer/publisher for over 8 years. Even our current-gen consoles and its PC counterparts have games where the MP servers turned offline, having SWBF's serverlist up for this long is a blessing.

-------------

But of course I would hope for the gamespy servers to continue to be online. Hopefully glu can turn on the servers again.

#TYBG

Quote from: BlackScorpion on November 07, 2012, 08:18:29 PM
A.  B.  C.  D.  E.  F.  G.  H.  I.  J.  K.  L.  M.  N.  O.  P.  Q.  R.  S.  T.  U.  V.  W.  X.  Y.  Z.

'Sup, bro?
TY. i needed to learn my alphabet for the English test.
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

November 08, 2012, 04:46:34 AM #84 Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 04:51:26 AM by Josh
They are still down, Im getting even more worried. Does anyone know approximately how much it costs to keep the servers up for gamespy?

A couple of years ago, they were down for most of a week.  Relax.  In the mean time, download Tunngle :)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

thanks Led and Phobos! Tunngle seems to work great in a pinch. No noobs on to own though lol

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

Could the servers being down have anything to do with hurricane Sandy? Idk if there are any important hosting buildings that have been damaged by Sandy or its after math. Or it could be Obama's revenge... new i shoulda voted Democrat.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

November 08, 2012, 08:58:14 AM #88 Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 09:01:24 AM by UNIT 33

Noo!

If this has anything to do with disney I will dedicate my life to the destruction of mickey mouse.