Does LucasArts know about us?

Started by Kit Fisto, November 06, 2012, 04:07:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I was thinking, does LucasArts know about us? I mean do you think they have a guy that monitors the site and trys out all the mods/maps we put out there? Same for GT?

No, Lucas Arts was just a publisher of games they put money into it because they wanted money out of it once the production stopped pretty much the money did too.
Meaning they don't care about the game anymore then they have too at this point, back in the day some of Pandemic's developers were around in the community a couple of them even worked a good bit with the really active modders of the time that made plenty of the things we know today possible.
Not all of it was figured out by trail and error tho many things have been.

Are people watching the mods for SWBF? really its just us that would be the community. the developers are long gone at this point...the modding community wasn't strong in the first few years really as we ether didn't know enough didn't have places like this or the community just didn't want to take the time to install mods.

You have to remember when looking at LA, they really stopped making games back in the late 90s and turned into a publishing house for franchise games.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

Quote from: Hardcore on November 06, 2012, 04:25:08 PM
back in the day some of Pandemic's developers were around in the community a couple of them even worked a good bit with the really active modders of the time that made plenty of the things we know today possible.
Not all of it was figured out by trail and error tho many things have been.
WHAT?! I didn't know that! Thats's cool! What mods were made by these Pandemic people?

Hehe I asked the same question many years ago. The answer remains to be no simply because there's newer, better games out there.

#TYBG

My inner conspiracy theorist says you are all paid shills covering up the truth.

We are all part of a secret development program for possible future titles. But telling us that would interfere with our natural creative processes.

[spoiler][/spoiler]
Wake up and see the truth, man.

I can get paid for saying that? Gee where do I sign up?

#TYBG

Ok, well... unpaid shill interns then....

Quote from: SleepKiller on November 06, 2012, 04:30:40 PM
Chainisle is the only one I know of. Cick me.
Cool! Thanks! I was aware of this map but didn't know it was made by professionals! Now seeing the great map/sides I'm conviced.

Quote from: tirpider on November 06, 2012, 04:53:49 PM
My inner conspiracy theorist says you are all paid shills covering up the truth.

We are all part of a secret development program for possible future titles. But telling us that would interfere with our natural creative processes.

[spoiler][/spoiler]
Wake up and see the truth, man.
Completely true. Why? Because SK is too great of a modder not to be a proffesional! And his sidekicks?! The great Rends and still active Sereja!

Psychofred was the modder that made Chainisle if i remember right, and ether he was a developer for pandemic or he worked with a few honestly at this point i can't remember.
he documented and progressed modding quite a bit for SWBF he had a site for a long time tho i think its gone down by this point.

Physcho did quite a number of other test mods and such really at this point i can't remember what most of it was tho as i could never really mod myself it wasn't so much of an intrest.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

Quote from: Hardcore on November 06, 2012, 10:07:27 PM
Psychofred was the modder that made Chainisle if i remember right, and ether he was a developer for pandemic or he worked with a few honestly at this point i can't remember.
he documented and progressed modding quite a bit for SWBF he had a site for a long time tho i think its gone down by this point.

Physcho did quite a number of other test mods and such really at this point i can't remember what most of it was tho as i could never really mod myself it wasn't so much of an intrest.

Psych0fred was a pandemic developer who did a lot of things for SWBF (he is listed in the credits as a designer) during and after development. I know he did a lot of stuff in XSI, sound, ODFs, and just about everything else. His secretsociety forum is still online but closed to registration and posting. My favorite modder/swbf dev of all time