Campaign theory

Started by Giftheck, March 08, 2017, 01:39:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Just putting some ideas on how a campaign might work in SWBF.

We had a campaign-style map or two done before (by Ginev IIRC). But they still stuck to the rules of the Conquest-type gameplay.

If, for instance, you wanted an objective-based campaign ALA Elite Squadron, how might this work in the original game?

You have two types of command posts: capturable and destroyable. Command post capture times can be altered to create a checkpoint system of sorts and you can make them invisible. Destroyable command posts can be used to do things like destroyable control panels etc. To prevent the recapture of the checkpoints you could create barriers preventing enemies from getting into the areas these checkpoints are located, or make duplicate enemy ODFs with a setting that makes it so they can own but not capture command posts through the native units system.

If you were going to do something like X2, you could then set up native allies which would also be unable to capture these control points or destroy objectives.

The only restriction you would have is that you can't set infinite reinforcements. So you'd have to set a high number of reinforcements. If you were going for an Elite Squadron-style campaign, you would have to give a low number of reinforcement tickets as lives to allow players to respawn at a checkpoint as a different class, as SWBF does not allow class changing at command posts.

Just some thoughts. What do you guys reckon?
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Long time ago i was experimenting on different ways how to implement a campaigh style type into BAttlefront 1 and i made it to look almost thesame like the BF2 campaign however my english sucks and i wont be able to explain it here.Part of the trick is with command posts.I even made and voice objects been played when complete something but cant explain it.Its hard for me.I once made a very big line of explodable barrels across the entire map just to open a simple door which was locked before.So you put somewhere a control panel and you put the line of barrels streching from the door to the panel.Then you make the barrels invisible.You putting them a little under the ground to be sure that no one will accidently shoot them.So when you destroy the panel,the panel explode and its going to make a explosion chain reaction with the barrels.So the barrels will explode to the very end and will destroy let say a door which was locked before.So this is one of the very tricks i figured out during my modding time for BAttlefront 1.I know alot more but cant explain them.I just want to say that i made a clever trick displaying the CPs on the map in specific vertical line to look like  objective points.They were white color and every time when you complete an object they become green.So you can see which object you have completed.Cant explain that too difficult for me :D