How to Munge ODFs/create all.lvl/rep.lvl/etc.lvl?

Started by Antstafer, February 07, 2017, 06:23:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'd like to apologize ahead of time if this answer is blatantly obvious, and was right in front of my face in the modding tutorials section/documentation, but I've looked through almost every post that has to do with modding, and I still can't find out how to do this. I imagine it has something to do with bfbuilder? I have all the bfbuilder stuff set up, and I want to edit the Assets/sides and convert them into the appropriate all/rep/cis/etc .lvls. I looked through some bfbuilder documentation and found nothing relating to actually munging and creating said files. I tried editing the sides in bfbuilder but apparently edit mode Isn't implemented yet for those.

Quote from: Antstafer on February 07, 2017, 06:23:52 AM
I'd like to apologize ahead of time if this answer is blatantly obvious, and was right in front of my face in the modding tutorials section/documentation, but I've looked through almost every post that has to do with modding, and I still can't find out how to do this. I imagine it has something to do with bfbuilder? I have all the bfbuilder stuff set up, and I want to edit the Assets/sides and convert them into the appropriate all/rep/cis/etc .lvls. I looked through some bfbuilder documentation and found nothing relating to actually munging and creating said files. I tried editing the sides in bfbuilder but apparently edit mode Isn't implemented yet for those.
You can either start a new project in BFBuilder Pro, using the import Side assets feature, and then munge your project. It will then create AddOn folder with the custom sides in the mod map subfolders. I think that after you import side assets with BFBuilder, you have to then right click your entire DataProject folder and disable read only, since by default the stock assets are set to read only. Edit mode should be functional then.

The other option is using the LVL toolbox v4 which has stock side builders preconfigured so you can easily edit the ODFs/TGAs and click munge.
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=4382.0

Thanks a bunch! I'll give it a whirl when I have free time.