Question about SWBF 1.2 and 1.3 patches

Started by Fds, April 19, 2014, 06:25:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi there,

That's my first post here :D
I used to play SWBF a lot, with my clan, in 2004/2005 (since release day :D in september 2004, maybe the 21th? don't remember well ^^' ).
I also played in the SWBF2 beta test, and tested the SWBF2 dedicated server before public release (thanks to some pandemic developer ^^' )

Few days ago I read a news about GameSpy closing down, together with the online multiplayer of many games, SWBF1 and 2 included. (actually I discovered later on, to my surprise,  that SWBF1 was already not working online).

So, with my clanmates, we came up with the idea of playing a match or 2 before May 31th for giving a proper "farewell" to a game which gave us so much fun, and so many more headaches with all its bugs :D

But while reinstalling the game after a long while I have encountered few problems which i can't remember how i solved back then.

First of all:

- my game is original, CD version, Italian language
- in my file backups i could find up to patch 1.1 italian, but cant find anywhere the italian 1.2 patch.
- looking on google only the 1.2 english patch can be found

When i try to install the 1.2 eng patch on top of the 1.1 ita game it says that im using the wrong update.

Now, i remember 1.3beta patch being english only, and also remember that there was a method for switching language to english for any SWBF1 version.
I just can't remember how.

Does anyone here know?

Or, is there any other solution i could use for having the game updated to 1.2 and 1.3?

Thank you all in advance! :D

April 19, 2014, 07:54:35 AM #1 Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 07:58:15 AM by Led
Welcome  :cheers:

Here is a link to the SWBF 1.2 updates at LucasArts.  Down at the bottom they have the 1.2 updates for various language packs.  Unfortunately, the links did not work for me.

https://www.lucasarts.com/support/update/Battlefront.html

There may be a way to change your localization to English.  In this case, I think the 1.3 beta patch would install.  However, we have not been able to get 1.3 beta to work in LAN mode, so at this point in time, it would be for single player only.

Perhaps Sleepkiller or Phobos has some ideas on how to change the language version.

As a last resort, the 1.2 version is very inexpensive now, and you could always buy an English copy.

edit:  If anyone has the non-US 1.2 patches, please upload them here.

edit2:  http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.com/file/Star_Wars_Battlefront_Client_Patch;36111
see that link for Italian 1.2
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I am in the process of uploading all of the international 1.2 patches.

Thank you for the fast answer :)

I found that link before but unluckily is not working :( , when u click on download it does link to another page but does not download anything there :(

That's why i was asking :D

Btw if you need them, i have both 1.01 and 1.1 patches in Italian.

Also i'll take a look at the registry lines left by the installation, i would not bet on it but i remember there was something in the registry that needed to be edited

I got the gamefront link to work, but my uploading here is slow.  Please check back tomorrow and I will have the 1.2 Ita patch uploaded.  :)

unluckily it doesnt not work, it should be 169 megs, not just 57 :(

April 19, 2014, 10:24:07 AM #8 Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 10:27:52 AM by Fds
good news, i might have found the correct version here:

http://www.fileplanet.com/147339/download/Star-Wars-Battlefront-v1.11-Patch-%5BItalian%5D

even if written 1.11 there is the 1.2 file with the correct size of 169mb. Gonna test it in 2 minutes

edit: yes, it works!
You can upload that version! :D

Ok, local link should be fixed now.  Sorry for the incomplete file!