Common.lvl editing

Started by ^snippers^, March 26, 2011, 04:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I have seen and known some people who have gotten into modding the common.lvl for the game. Examples: Fire and Nice Guy. So, I was thinking, hey, why not i give it a try? So, i have to battlebelk tool box. That's it. Is there anything else i need. Also, would anybody be kind enough to point me towards a tutorial for editing basic things like laser bullet colours and skins? I was told about the IMP side builder, but I can't open 7z files...Please help if possible! Thanks! :tu:
(insert signature here)

IMP side builder is a set of changed ODF files that updates the IMP sides for 1.2 instead of the 1.0 files available in the original mod tools download.

There were some slight changes to jet recharge time and a couple of other things.

A winRAR extractor will uncompress 7z.

But anyway, I second the motion for a common.lvl tutorial  :cheers:
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

You dont need to use IMP side builder. Just need battlebelks interface tool.

for common level changing the interface:

C:\Battlebelks Interface tool\Custom\Common\(Copy and Paste all off the C:\Battlebelks Interface tool\Data, into Custom).

Once done, mess around, change what you want different. Go back to, C:\Battlebelks Interface tool, and run the common.bat. when its finished, your new common.lvl will be inside:

C:\Battlebelks Interface Tool\LVL_PC\Common\ENG\.

For editing, things like, unit skins, you use BFBuilder. To edit, colors of lasers, you can do that by going into the Effects folder of Custom.

For things like rockets, you need to use BFBuilder.

This isnt organized or anything, just thought i would throw out what bit i know.

Thanks guys :tu:
(insert signature here)